A strong track record of building revenues, identifying new opportunities and generating substantial returns in business services, environmental/technical services and construction. Rose through the ranks of financial management, technology, procurement and operations to general management, leading operations to consistent growth, new markets/territories and record profits.
RECORD OF CONTRIBUTIONS
PEOPLE – Clearly articulates goals and allocates resources appropriately. Engages, encourages, and challenges people to create exceptional outcomes. Hands-on, results oriented. Communicate key performance indicators and processes to stakeholders. Diligently monitors critical variables to the plan. Collaborates with stakeholders to solve problems and realize opportunities. Establishes and utilizes industry relationships to understand competitive trends and technologies.
SERVICES/PRODUCTS – Brings an entrepreneurial approach to business development. Identifies, analyzes and synthesizes relevant data into actionable information for traditional and “outside the box” decision making - at all levels. Collaborates with stakeholders to solve problems and realize opportunities.
PROCESSES – Uses innovation and technology to maximize efficiencies. Believes all processes should be effective, continuously monitored and improved to ensure optimum integrity. Integrates systems, data, analysis and resources that facilitate execution and results at or above expectations.
May 2012 to Present
Primary focus is helping companies ranging from $5 million to $200 million in size. Services include planning, business development, insuring KPIs are understood and communicated, process optimization, facility services, teambuilding, program/project management, and deployment of continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, LEAN, 5S, TOC, and TQM.
• Helped metal forging company with review and alterations with/to building drawings, identified process improvements, and recommended technology to boost sales and profitability.
• Assisted distribution organization with business plan, KPIs, and employee recognition bonus structure; reviewed financials, recommending strategies and measures to explain and control margin erosion; met with key employees to refine focus to support the business plan.
HERITAGE-WTI, INC. (FORMERLY VON ROLL AMERICA, INC.) 1989-2012
Complete responsibility for environmental services company located in East Liverpool, Ohio that serve Fortune 500 clients in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. A subsidiary of Heritage Environmental Services, LLC, and the largest privately held environmental company in the US, employing up to 200 staff and 200 contractors. Service offerings include waste incineration, technical services, field services (IM), brokering, consulting and research and development. Placed a strong focus on the triple bottom-line (safety, compliance and relationships) and efforts to differentiate the company and extend offerings beyond hazardous waste incineration by offering brand and security protection. Planned capital projects and continuous improvement activities to lower costs and pass the savings on to our clients. Customers and rivals nominated our company the best in industry for service and technology in 2005.
• Increased sales from $32 million to $50 million in less than three years.
• Increased EBIT from $1.2 million to $9.9 million in less than six years.
• Obtained regulatory permits, increasing revenue from $22.5 million to $40 million in two years.
• Institutionalized an aligned business plan inclusive of strategies, scorecards and action plans.
• Introduced brand pricing to protect margins and avoid price wars.
• Contracted DuPont, ABS and Baker to help us improve our safety and compliance.
• Invested in leadership development training for all management staff.
• Created a new Growth & Development department.
• Expanded anticipated services and capacities needed to satisfy our customers’ future needs.
• Directed financial system conversion, training and implementation teams.
• Contracted Kent State to train staff on 6Sigma, LEAN and TOC.
• Facilitated merger activities to combine five subsidiaries into Von Roll America.
• Customers and rivals nominated Heritage-WTI, Inc. the best in industry for service and technology in 2005.
• First in industry to attain ISO 14000, ISO 9001, and OHSAS 18001 certifications.
• First in industry to attain Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) compliance.
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT, HERITAGE ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, LLC (2003 –2004)
• Established a plan to retain and grow business by selling expanded services.
• Assembled team to identify, evaluate and acquire an off-shore facility.
• Strengthened the sales team and influenced SalesForce implementation.
• Rectified the low utilization rates by increasing the focus on sales and selling expertise.
• Sold tank demolition and cleaning capabilities, growing $3 million to over $25 million.
• Negotiated the sale of assets from discontinued operations, saving $1.5 million annually.
CFO/VP FINANCE, TREASURER AND SECRETARY, VON ROLL AMERICA, INC. AND VON ROLL INC. (1993 – 2003)
• Led the leadership team that negotiated the sale of Von Roll America to Heritage.
• Led team to win $72MM MCES project and reshaped MN state law on retainage.
• Convinced the Ohio Tax Director to eliminate the state’s claim for $1.8MM in back taxes.
• Differentiated our services from rivals. Sales went from zero to $21MM in five years.
• Coordinated legal and insurance to defend company against class action suits.
• Improved project management and change order management.
• Coordinated the migration of software and hardware to corporate platforms.
• Conceived a plan to improve DSO.
CIO, CONTROLLER, PROCUREMENT MANAGER, VON ROLL INC. (1989 – 1993)
• Automated a 21.5 acre, $250 million plant facility; estimated $3.5 million in annual savings.
• Reshaped the engineering department, saving $1 million annually.
• Developed a plan to market our engineering expertise, creating $100 million in new projects.
• Systematized scheduling with Primavera and training, saving $750K annually.
• Created a plan to fully automate three subsidiaries, saving $200K annually.
• Consolidated the controller, procurement manager, and CIO positions.
• Negotiated changes to sales agreement to create value-added opportunities.
• Implemented a field tracking system to link field to corporate offices.
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
2014 to 2014
MBA in Business Administration
2001 to 2003
BBA in Economics/Finance
• Leadership • Empowering • Operations Management • Analysis & Budgeting • Communicator • Decision Maker • Program/Project Management • Money Management • Creative Resourcing • Development • Problem Solver • Sales • Teambuilding • Business Development • Continuous Improvement • Operations