Saint Charles, MO
I can greatly benefit a company by using my knowledge and experience in sales, management, and purchasing to meet company goals.
* 18 years of supply chain / purchasing experience.
* 17 years of managerial experience.
2001 to 2010
* Planned and purchased services and products (bags, luggage, and camping accessories) from Asian factories based on historical sales demand.
* Planned and purchased fabric and components for manufacturing facility in the US as demand required.
* Maintained system item information integrity.
* Inspected merchandise to assure value as represented.
* Resolved vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
* Handled all logistics for inbound freight movements.
* Negotiated overseas freight contracts each year with freight forwarders.
* Negotiated tariffs with US freight lines.
Retail Sales Manager
1993 to 2001
* Responsible for the operation (profit and loss) and staffing of 17 retail lumber yards in the St. Louis area.
* Conducted Store Manager Meetings monthly to initiate a team driven effort toward meeting monthly sales goals.
* Negotiated union contracts with the Retail Clerks Union as needed.
* Selected and priced items for tabloid and radio advertisements each month.
* Planned and implemented store merchandising for seasonal sales changes and advertising efforts each month.
1976 to 2001
Director of Purchasing
1986 to 1993
* Negotiated pricing and implemented retail hardware and building material programs with suppliers for 35 retail lumber yards in 4 states.
* Directed and managed a team of retail buyers for 3 geographic regions.
1982 to 1986
* Reviewed sales of hardware and building material programs and ordered quantities commensurate with sales
trends as needed for company distribution center.
1980 to 1982
* Responsible for the operation and staffing of retail lumber yard.
* Scheduled work hours for store team to cover all hours of operation.
1976 to 1980
* Commissioned sales of hardware, cabinetry, and building materials.