Simi Valley, CA
Lotus Notes • Outlook • Carpe Diem • DTE • LiveNote • Adobe Acrobat Professional • Windows • Microsoft Office • WordPerfect • Vista • Internet Research • Time Sheet • QuickBooks • Legal Solutions • Concordance • IPRO • iConect • Introspect • Westlaw • Lexis • Kronos • iManage • CompuLaw Vision • Ringtail • Vista • DocuMatrix • Ontrack Review Tool • CDEF • EDMTeams • DECADE • TeamConnect • PSS Atlas • Clearwell • Humming Bird
2010 to Present
• Work in matrix environment.
• Experiences in reviewing Subpoenas and Request for Production of Documents; assists attorneys in identifying and collecting documents from various business units for production of documents.
• Heavily involved in the legal department's testing of the early case assessment tool; proficient in Clearwell's function and its usage as an e-Discovery tool.
• Manages various levels of cases while providing high level services to both in-house and outside counsel.
• Assesses case issues and prepares Preservation Notices.
• Created Custodian Interview Questionnaires for the law department; proficient in interviewing custodians to obtain custodial data; coordinates collection of local and international custodial data while working with company's technical support teams; tracks all collection progresses and coordinate data delivery to vendor or outside counsel.
• Knowledgeable in e-Discovery process while understanding both internal and law firm's responsibilities.
• Manages Small Claims matters for the company and appear at Small Claims trials on behalf of the company.
• Manages third party subpoenas and production of documents.
• Reviews invoices for the e-Discovery vendors and court reporters.
• Conducts privilege reviews; prepares production of documents.
• Conducts research for Court rules and procedures; reviews contracts and provides feedback to attorneys.
• Interviews witnesses and coordinate inspections of premises.
• Meets business needs through due diligence and excellence in providing services to the team members and clients.
2009 to 2010
• Worked in matrix environment.
• Experienced in reviewing Subpoenas and Request for Production of Documents; assisted attorneys in identifying and collecting documents from various business units for production of the documents.
• Provided high level services to both in-house and outside counsel in achieving maximum support to the team.
• Proficient in searching, reviewing, coding documents and exporting document list from DocuMatrix.
• Proficient in usage of CDEF to search and obtain company agreements; review agreements and identify various types of agreements.
• Experienced in interviewing custodians for computer usage and file management in preparation of document collection; structured data collection from EDM Teams, Eagle, and DECADE; provide litigation support by coordinating collection of hardware with Information Security and processing of custodial documents with vendors; coordinated document review with outside counsel using DocuMatrix, Ringtail and/or Ontrack; used eRoom to share files with internal and external teams.
• Experienced in interviewing various product team leads to compile company committee information and team documents.
• Involved in e-Discovery processes for the law department.
• Tracked over 100 custodial collection progresses in large scale litigation.
• Proficient in usage of PSS Atlas; able to scope organizations and prepare Hold Orders in PSS Atlas.
• Proficient in usage of TeamConnect in managing case related documents.
• Created paralegal check list for the litigation group.
• Proficient in usage of Kronos to enter time entries.
2007 to 2009
• Managed large & complex litigation cases for Fortune 250 companies, specializing in IP Litigation.
• Supervised and mentored junior paralegals and case clerks on document reviews in Concordance, depositions in LiveNote and trial preparation activities.
• Reviewed documents for production and prepared privilege logs in Concordance; export reports from Concordance to Microsoft Excel to create custom spreadsheet reports; maintained case files in iManage by updating correspondence, pleading, discovery, emails and team work products; reviewed and summarized discovery responses; researched and obtained patents and file histories using European Patent Office website, Google Patent Search, US Patent and Trademark Office website and Reedfax.
• Reviewed production documents in Concordance and prepared deposition exhibits; prepared briefs and exhibits by cite checking for accuracy using Westlaw; file documents in District Courts using e-filings from Pacer.
• Prepared for Markman hearings, provided documents to experts, prepared presentation materials to the Court, cite checked briefs, prepared Claim Construction charts, compiled briefs and exhibits for Motion for Summary Judgment and Motion in Limine hearings.
• Planned and prepared for trials by setting up trial preparation/trial location, compiled trial exhibits, various motion binders, witness binders, and etc.
• Assisted numerous attorneys during large and complex trials dealing with multimillion dollar cases by providing court room assistance in court room set ups, tracking admitted trial exhibits, obtaining daily trial transcripts from the court reporters, providing witness outlines with trial exhibits, coordinate fee schedules with the court clerk, filing of motions, preparing jury instructions, and etc.
• Negotiated services and costs with vendors for electronic discovery, trial support and court reporting services
• Entered time entries in Carpe Diem and Kronos.
Legal Assistant II
2003 to 2007
• Managed medium to large litigation cases for Fortune 250 companies, specialized in Litigation and IP litigation.
• Supervised junior legal assistants and secretaries.
• Worked with an average of 10 cases at a time, with each case being handled by at least five attorneys.
• Ensured preparation of Federal and State court filings in various states; checks cites for briefs; drafted pleadings and discoveries; conducted pre-trial scheduling; efficient in research; calculated and maintained calendar dates.
• Assisted attorneys in electronic discovery collections and maintained multiple databases containing millions of documents; coordinate electronic document reviews, redaction process and productions.
• Prepared materials for trials, arbitrations, mediations, and depositions, including working with vendors.
• Maintained discovery calendar in preference litigation comprising more than 1000 defendants.
• Participated in the screening process of potential employees for the legal team; trained new hires and current staff with standard litigation procedures, trial preparation, and case file maintenance.
Litigation Legal Assistant
2001 to 2003
• Drafted discoveries and pleadings in WordPerfect; prepared filings in Federal and State courts.
• Manually calendared litigation court dates referencing the rule books.
• Conducted follow-up of court documents; organized and indexed all documents and maintained / updated case profiles; prepared exhibits to the briefs.
• Assisted attorneys in commercial and construction defect litigation by performing legal research using Westlaw.
• Prepared contracts using AIA30.
• Prepared court forms using Legal Solutions.
Legal Assistant / Office Manager
2000 to 2001
• Assisted attorneys with litigation procedures in real estate, entertainment, business, and contracts.
• Managed legal office by performing accounting duties including data entry, bookkeeping, purchasing, tracking accounts payables/receivable using QuickBooks; prepared and billed clients using Time Sheet.
• Drafted discoveries, pleadings and prepared court filings, services, and follow-up of court documents.
1997 to 2000
• Assisted attorneys in personal injury, criminal, and business cases in interviewing clients, witness preparation for statements/depositions.
• Responsible for managing hundreds of case files on day to day basis, coordinated meetings with the insurance companies, and conducted legal research using Westlaw.
• Provided client support with statements for insurance companies and negotiated settlements with insurance adjusters.
Intern / Law Clerk
1996 to 1997
• Provided client support by assisting in filing public documents with social services.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Over the last 15 years, I have honed my paralegal skills by working in fast paced environments both at law firms (medium and large) and in-house on matters of general and IP litigation cases which include court trial experiences.
I am experienced in providing high-level attorney and client support including trial experiences in large and complex cases. I am a skilled multi-tasker who manages projects for diverse cases handled by multiple attorneys while effectively supervising junior paralegals and support staff. Combined solid analytical skills with attention-to-detail to research, organize, and prepare relevant information and documentation to the team. I have experiences in electronic document collection and document management. Superb written/verbal communication skills; fluent in Korean; types 86+ wpm.