Sr. Human Resources Associate
July 2012 to Present
• Assist in the development, administration and implementation of HR policies and manage the employee policies manual updates as necessary.
• Creates and maintains weekly/monthly and ad-hoc reports (discovery recovery, headcount, organizational charts, payroll and Success Factors) as needed.
• Coordinate Wellness Fair, Benefit information, “Lunch n Learns” and company-wide communications.
• Develop and revise department daily/monthly procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency.
• Informational communication, problem resolution and education of staff on benefits, wellness programs, and other Human Resources subjects.
• Provides education and 1st level problem resolution for all staff with issues related to pay, leave of absence, benefits, 401k, employment verifications and PTO.
• On/off-boarding process for permanent/consultant/contractors/temporary/interns, which includes acquiring employee data and entering into the ERP system, maintenance/retention of personnel files, orientation/separation process for all staff, background checks coordinate drug screens.
• Serves as back up to Associate Director, HR on basic generalist duties and HR programs including training, employment law compliance, progressive discipline, compensation, and performance management.
Sr. Meeting Planner
July 2010 to December 2011
• Diplomatically enforced negotiations with vendors to arrive at mutually agreeable, cost-savings solutions while meeting organizational/department goals and objectives.
• Implemented StarCite functionality, resulting in more efficient event execution and automated interface with SAP. Coordinated contract renewal negotiations.
• Improved many meeting planning processes such as meeting specifications, facility selection (food & beverage) and contract negotiations.
• Prepared, tracked and summarized budgets and department reports.
• Responsible for all aspect of meeting planning including site selection, contract negotiations, budgets, audio-visual, transportation; hotel attrition/cancellation negotiations,
registration/database management and on-site management when need for 5-300 attendees.
Executive Assistant to EVP & CFO
July 2008 to July 2010
• Arranged/planned prioritized work involving a wide range of administrative duties for EVP & CFO and 7 direct reports which was not limited to managing multiple calendars, scheduled meetings/conference calls, travel arrangement (domestic/international), expense reports, organizational charts, budgets, managed Facilities/HR and departmental processes, purchase orders, check request, supervised four Administrative Assistant, internal/external requests and managed all essential tasks in a timely manner with the ability to improvise and improve procedures while meeting demanding deadlines.
• Assisted the Meeting Planning Department with processing hotel contracts and AMEX reconciliation.
• Coordinated materials/food & beverage/conference calls/auditors/presentations for Audit Committee/Board/Budget/Executive Committee/Staff Meetings in an accurate and timely manner.
• Developed and maintained administrative processes to reduce redundancy improve accuracy and efficiency and achieve department/organizational objectives.
• Ensured that all confidential and sensitive information is handled in a careful and professional manner.
• Liaison between executive management and all impacted departments/clients/auditors/vendors to ensure proper
communications and deadlines were met.
• Planned on/off site corporate lunches/dinners, special events and projects while meeting deadlines.
Administrative Assistant/HR Assistant/HR Associate
August 2000 to July 2008
• Coordinated all stages of recruitment activities for temporary/permanent for Clerical, Clinical, Facilities, Finance, IT&S, Marketing, R&D and Sales job openings which included: maintained job-postings through various job boards, periodicals, colleges and social networks, coordinated/participated in Career Fairs, coordinated with third party vendor when required, scheduled/processed candidate interview schedules, identified/screened/interviewed candidates, built database of potential candidates within the applicant tracking system, developed/updated/maintained job descriptions, tracked agreements for temporary/contract employees, reviewed/updated headcount/personnel requisitions reports and coordinated internship program.
• New Hire Coordinator for corporate hires/interns/temporary/consultants which contained but not limited to assemble new hire packets, prepared offer letters, conducted reference checks/employee orientations and processed/reviewed screenings/background checks while maintained various databases.
• Personnel Files: maintained personnel, benefit, 401(k), achieve and I-9 files for active/terminated personnel and supervised file cler¬¬k.
• Responded to employee questions/concerns regarding recruitment procedures, benefits, policy interpretation and facility-related issues.
• Special Projects: assisted with harassment training and operations of fitness center/cafe, coordinated six sales expansions, managed file conversion, completed I-9 audit, reorganized benefits packet, reviewed payroll registers, assisted in yearly stock options notification, conducted employee surveys, monitored company vacation tracking, trained full-time/temporary/intern staff on HR department functions, created interview notification process and implementation of internal/external job posting and applicant tracking system, coordinated anniversary awards, blood drives, holiday/incentive parties and flu immunizations.
• Supported Administratively 2 Sr. Directors, 2 Sr. Managers and other HR staff by: processed office supplies, sorted mail, organizational charts, archived/retrieved off-site documents, processed/tracked purchase orders, employment verification, arranged meetings and served as back-up support for Executive Assistant/Benefit Associate and HR Assistant when needed. Worked with the Legal Department/Third Party Vendors to assure that appropriate documents are received for SOX audits/employee relations/immigration cases.
July 2000 to August 2000
Assignment at Cephalon, Inc. (payrolled only)
April 1997 to June 2000
Associate in Office Administration
Certificate in Huma Resources
Microsoft: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Lotus Notes, ADP, Brass Ring, CommonOffice, ComplianceWire, eLLIE, Great Plains, ICIMS, PeopleSoft, QDocs, StarCite and SuccessFactors