Over 4 years of experience performing clerical and functions in the clinical laboratory and government industries as well as 4 years in the retail industry. History of being detail oriented and versatile. Skills and strengths include:
• Intermediate in Microsoft Office, Outlook and computer use
• Proficient self-learner with good memory
• Effectively performs multiple-tasks simultaneously
• Adapts well to changing environments
• Data entry and 10-key expertise
2010 to Present
Prepares laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing.
• Unpacks specimens from branches or ports and routes specimens by type to various staging areas.
• Prepares all specimens received for testing in designated laboratory departments or locations.
• Prepares excess specimen samples for storage and resolves and document problem specimens.
2008 to Present
Health Care Billing Specialist
2008 to 2010
Key in on average 300 requisitions a day for insurance billing.
• Resolve billing issues (unbillables) by utilizing system tools and/or phone contacts with clients resulting in clearing an average off 99% exceeding the expected 97%.
• Consistently exceeding the clearing of unbilllables goal resulted in a minimum of $10,000 in revenue weekly.
Data Entry Specialist
2005 to 2007
Accurately and quickly entered information based on scanned documents into a computer database.
• Because of efficiency and accuracy progressed to the verification process in 4 months versus the standard 6 months.
2005 to 2005
• Answered on average of 130 phone calls from customers daily.
• Researched and responded to billing issues, questions and made payment arrangement on past due accounts.
• Processed check and credit card payments over the phone.
• Resolved troubleshooting questions for cable issues.
2004 to 2005
Helped customers configure a computer based on their needs and wants.
Associate of Applied Science in Design/Multimedia