Find more Multi-Location Human Resources Administrator resumes. And more Singerman Mills resumes
Accomplished Human Resource professional and Law Firm Administrator with strong knowledge
of employment laws and compliance. Experienced HR Generalist, Recruiter, Trainer, Benefits
Administrator, and Business Partner. Aligns HR initiatives with company's business goals and
objectives. Initiates and implements ideas for maximizing the return on human capital.
Multi-Location Human Resources Administrator
2010 to Present
• Responsibilities include HR management, overseeing benefit administration, managing,
training and development of staff, budget management, workflow/project coordination,
facilities and supplies, health insurance and other benefits administration, business and professional insurance, and billing and collections.
• Identifies and plans for the changing needs of the firm, shares responsibility with the partner for strategic planning, practice management and marketing, and contributes to cost-effective
management throughout the firm.
Human Resource Director
2008 to 2009
• Recruitment of all staff employees, including coordination of temporary help, employment
agency vendors as well as overseeing orientation and on boarding processes and training.
• Oversaw all employee benefits programs including health benefits, 401k, etc. including
enrollment, renewals, etc.
• Coordinated meetings, communication, and coordination of benefits to employees and provided
assistance as needed.
• Administered leaves of absences. Assisted and coordinated compensation and bonus programs.
Assisted and coordinated/participated in annual performance reviews.
• Handled all employee relations issues, counseling, and work flow coordination. Performed
terminations and exit interviews.
Human Resource Manager/District Trainer
2005 to 2008
• Forecasted and analyzed workforce planning data and provided feedback to management team;
executed store's staffing strategy focusing on proper full-time to peak-time ratio, recruiting
certified specialists, with a focus on meeting the Affirmative Action Plan goals.
• Ensured that other managers and supervisors were developing strong succession game plans for each department; worked with store management team to identify and develop talent.
• Recruited, supervised, counseled, and coached up to 400+ employees in the district-wide
• District-wide trainer of Home Depot's 2-day Orientation program for new hires and
Supervisory and Management Training classes for new Department Heads.
• Handled intake for Workers Compensation claims and FMLA requests; monitored all leaves for compliance with applicable BWC and FMLA requirements and regulations.
• Ensured store management and department heads were trained on Title VII and relevant
Federal, State and Local employment laws, particularly relating to union avoidance policies.
• Analyzed staffing, turnover and other Home Depot HR metrics and implemented effective
corrective action; as a result, reduced turnover by 43% in an industry known for high turnover.
• Successfully represented company at hearings and resolved harassment, Unemployment and
Workers Compensation claims through investigations that resulted in no formal charges to the company.
Multi-Location HR Manager
2004 to 2005
• Worked with management to develop the organizational structure and HR processes in company's four locations in Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Charlotte, N.C.
• Created, communicated, and implemented company's first Office Manual to support
company's policies; revised job descriptions by "shadowing" and interviewing employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position
Human Resource Administrator
1993 to 2003
• Responsible for managing all major HR functions, including: full cycle staff recruiting,
selection, training and developing, new hire orientation for staff and attorneys; performance
evaluations, payroll, terminations, benefits administration, and all other HR functions.
• Responsible for all aspects of budgeting, billing and collections, cash flow, banking, payroll,
retirement plans and other financial management functions. Worked closely with the firm's
CPA, bankers, actuaries, and insurance brokers.
• Managed leave for staff and attorneys; addressed employee relations and performance-related
issues with staff; and coordinated the exit process for staff and attorneys.
• Supervised 45 legal secretaries and other support staff, including paralegals.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations, annual negotiation and renewal of insurance
(professional liability, general business, medical, life, disability, etc.), and other facilities
B.A. in Business Administration, summa cum laude
January 1984 to January 1991
Human Resources management, Trainer, Benefit Administration, Payroll, Recruiting and Retention, On-Boarding, Strategic Planning,
Graduated summa cum laude from Baldwin Wallace College
SPHR (Senior Professional Human Resources
November 2009 to November 2012
2008 to 2013
SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management)
ALA (Association of Legal Administrators)
Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel (Power
User), and PowerPoint; PeopleSoft HRIS; Ahola, Paychex, and ADP payroll software; Amicus
Attorney 2010; Juris Legal Time and Billing and PcLaw Accounting Systems; and TyMetrix 360
and CounselLink e-billing systems.