Senior Vice President Business Development & Operations
2009 to Present
MERCHANT HIGH RISK PROCESSING(MHRP).
Merchant Cash & Capital, a partnership of business, legal and financial specialists supports customers looking for non-traditional financing to support the day-to-day operations of their business. Responsible for overall business plan, vision and strategy of the high risk merchant processing division. Manages a group of sales associates responsible for finding and securing high risk business opportunities. Cultivates vendor relationships and recruits independent sales organizations. Creates systems for scalability and tracks profit and loss. Manages marketing, sales and product development teams to implement new business development initiatives.
• Built high risk merchant processing division.
• Designed marketing and sales program for high risk program.
• Negotiated vendor agreements with processors.
• Created email marketing letter sent to 1100 ISOs weekly
• Recruited over 125 ISO offices to resell merchant cash advances.
CEO / President
2008 to 2009
Created start up internet based business cash advance company called Genie Cash (www.GenieCash.com). Company drove inbound leads through pay per click campaigns, search engine optimization and call center referral partner relationships. Responsible for marketing, promotion, design and copy layout of website and marketing materials, Negotiated multiple vendor relationships with processors and funding sources, Developed referral partnerships with call centers and created training guides for business development, recruited hired and trained business development managers. Responsible for the management of profit and loss. Created training materials, sales book and pricing models. Created secondary lead generation vehicle called www.businesscashadvancestore.com for leads directed to "Advanceme".
• Architected breakthrough concept called "customer funded discount network" where the basic premise was to create a closed loop network leveraging a variety of retail and financial entities to provide products/services and banking to the unbanked and under served.
• Developed business relationship with the nation's only proxy bank (RBA International) to market proprietary banking platform, mobile bank platform, wireless services technology, checkless checking accounts/debit card accounts, patented bank card "toggling" technology and its aggregator software to strategic distribution points.
Executive Vice President
2006 to 2008
A pioneer in the development of technology and integrated payment systems. Cynergy Data, which purchased Cynergy Direct, currently processes billions annually in credit, debit, check conversion, and numerous other forms of electronic payment transactions. Managed the team responsible for the development of the company's Gateway division after acquisition of competitor, created a web enabled inbound sales production unit that provided an essential and productive alternative to the organization's traditional indirect (ISO) field sales approach. Assumed overall responsibility of 40 person inbound / outbound call center to support the delivery of this new initiative while assuming full authority for marketing, sales, operations, staffing and training.
• Enabled the growth of this critical function by personally directing the overhaul of existing website and the creation of an internet marketing strategy incorporating search engine optimization and search engine advertising.
• Provided strategic direction to the marketing department by acting as the subject matter expert in the creation of sales collateral that included: brochures, training manuals & merchant prospect kits.
• Enhanced company sales efforts by conceptualizing and developing strategic partner referral programs with banks, point of sale VAR's and business associations.
2004 to 2006
Recruited by ownership to drive the growth of merchant processing services through direct sales. Assumed full authority for the company's P&L, overall development, marketing, sales, back office operations and human resources including initial staffing, ongoing training and development and all performance management and reward. Created and implemented sales programs & agreements aligned with a new corporate strategy. Guided marketing department in creation of sales collateral which included: web site, brochures, training manuals & merchant prospect kits.
• More than tripled sales (from$900,000 to $3.1M) while developing the merchant processing portfolio to more than 1600 merchants with annual processing of more than $180M; increased residual income more than 350%.
• Improved the effectiveness of sales prospecting by guiding the development of an integrated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
• Enhanced the revenue stream by conceptualizing and developing strategic partner referral programs while working in close collaboration with banks, point of sale VAR's and business associations.
Regional Sales Manager
2002 to 2004
The US payment processing arm of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the third-largest transaction acquirer in the world.
Rapidly promoted through the positions of Account Executive and Territory Manager. Recruited, trained and guided the efforts of Sales Representatives while directing all regional operations impacting the growth of clients and sales revenues.
• Successfully launched and established merchant processing sales office in New York Metropolitan area by personally developing the region's first clients.
• Drove the growth of regional annual processing volume from $0 to more than $10M by recruiting, training and motivating the sales team to individually and collectively surpass all sales objectives; inspired top personal individual and group productivity by implementing an innovative incentive and compensation program.
• Rapidly increased market share by developing an effective networking program with non bank card regional offices and accessing an untapped network for client referrals.
• Participated in bringing to Lynk System it's largest regional bank partner North Fork Bank
Regional Sales Manager
2001 to 2002
Cleveland, OH (1999-2001)
Promoted to this position in recognition of superior individual performance. Recruited, trained and supervised the sales and administrative staff. Guided the efforts of as many as 15 Sales Representatives while providing timely and strategic coaching and mentoring in live sales presentations at the client site. Subsequently transferred to New York after having successfully established the Cleveland Sales Team.
• Successfully established and laid the groundwork for the continued growth of two regional sales organizations by developing product proposals, pricing strategies and guidelines for pricing standards while introducing comprehensive collateral on more than twenty payment processing services and their most effective combinations
Business Development Executive
1998 to 2002
A leading provider of paper and electronic check services. TeleCheck helps business safely and efficiently accept check payments at the point-of-sale. Drove the acquisition of new check and credit card processing accounts in a highly competitive marketplace by developing and presenting highly consultative point-of-sale solutions focused on the true needs of the business client.
• Consistently exceeded sales goals by creating mutually beneficial client solutions while developing strategic vertical markets through prospecting, cold calling, business networking and innovative product cross selling.
• Helped develop sales leaders by personally training and assisting colleagues with best practice selling techniques.
Outside Sales Representative, Long Island, NY
1998 to 1999
Developed new check and credit card processing accounts with a wide variety of retail businesses by providing customer-centric solutions based on a thorough needs assessment of the individual clients.
• Consistently doubled the national sales average while achieving 100% of quota by aggressively cold calling and prospecting new customers in strategic vertical markets; promoted to management in only six months.
BA in Political Science
AAS in Human Services