September 2010 to Present
* Substitute teacher in the Mathematics, Science, Business, English, Social Studies, Physical Education, and Special Education departments.
* After school: Tutor college, high school, and middle school students in Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus, and CMT, CAPT, and SAT/ACT Preparation.
February 2003 to Present
Pick up and deliver critical documents and packages in a timely manner for such clients as accounting and law firms, financial services companies, consumer products companies, beverage distributors, and architects.
August 2008 to June 2010
* Taught one honors and three "regular" Geometry courses in addition to an SAT prep class in math.
* Integrated technology in the classroom, including Smart board and graphing calculator.
* Moderated a weekly Advisory session.
* Created and analyzed common formative assessments with my data team.
* Served on the assessment committee as part of the school's anticipated NEASC accreditation.
* Assisted the Mathematics department coordinator in developing the geometry and statistics curricula for the 2009-2010 school year.
* After school: Tutored college, high school, and middle school students in Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus.
Student Teacher / Intern
September 2007 to May 2008
1/2008 - 5/2008
* Co-taught Algebra II Honors and Algebra II with the Mathematics department coordinator.
* After school: Taught an SAT prep class in math and also tutored high school and middle school students in Algebra and Geometry.
9/2007 - 12/2007
* Intern: Substitute teacher in the Mathematics, Science, Business, English, Social Studies, and Special Education departments.
* After school: Tutored high school and middle school students in Algebra and Geometry.
January 2007 to June 2007
* Substitute teacher in the Mathematics, Science, English, World Languages, History/Social Studies, and Special Education departments.
* Assisted the Mathematics department head on special projects.
* After school: Tutored high school and middle school students in Algebra, Geometry, and Calculus.
Manager, Accounts Receivable Management
February 1997 to February 2000
* Prepared and administered a $200 million accounts receivable budget.
* Compiled, analyzed, and interpreted accounts receivable clearance and turnover reports in order to forecast bad debt expense.
* Implemented email distribution of these daily sales reports, increasing productivity by 15%.
February 1990 to May 1994
* Developed annual sales budgets and consolidated profit & loss statements for 14 sales regions, which also entailed financial modeling and variance analysis.
* Computed weekly payroll for 5 national sales managers, as well as commissions vs. draw for over 100 salespeople.
* Processed expense reports and monthly settlement statements for the national sales managers.
* Resolved 28 disputed accounts payable totaling $21,000, coordinating remittance to restore and enhance company's relationship with a major vendor.
M.Ed. in Math Education
January 2007 to January 2008
January 2005 to January 2006
January 1988 to January 2006
M.B.A. in Finance
B.S.B.A. in Marketing
January 1978 to January 1982
Among others: Smart board; TI-83/84/92 graphing calculators; Excel; Standardized test preparation.
Teacher of the Month
* This was my very first month teaching at Central High School.
* "In appreciation for [my] contributions to a successful year [2009-2010]."
CT - Initial
July 2011 to June 2014
NY - Initial
September 2010 to August 2015
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
September 2008 to Present
* Member, Sigma Alpha Pi - The National Society of Leadership and Success.
* Member, Beta Gamma Sigma - The National Honor Society of the Financial Management Association.
* Dean’s List.
* Civic Activities: City of Stamford, CT
- Tax Assessment Appeals Board - Chairman (2004-2005); Member (2003-2004).
- Election Day Moderator - Chief polling place official (2001-2006).
* Eagle Scout.
"I'm good at what I do and have been told by several of my teacher colleagues that I teach math at a 'high level.' I strive to bring that excellence to the classroom every day and encourage my students to not only be successful in math, but in life as well."