To obtain or secure a position as Insurance Coding Specialist in a challenging environment where my skills will allow me to help maintain the daily operations of the office.
2006 to Present
• Responsible for caring and teaching independent living skills.
• Billing for services rendered (Easter Seals, TTI, CNS, CMH)
October 2011 to November 2011
Waterford, MI 10/5/11-11/11/11
• Processing insurance claims paper and electronic, data entry, denials, collections, accounts receivable.
2004 to 2006
• Responsible for caring and teaching independent living skills to challenged individuals.
• Implementing programs and active member of person center planning meetings.
2000 to 2003
• Responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the office.
• Duties included but were not limited to filing, data entry, answering phones, deposits, advertising, bank deposits, customer relations, scheduling of appointments.
Special Olympics Coach
2000 to 2003
team came in 2nd place in state competition.
• Trained in Basic Accounting
• Computer Medical Applications
• Medical Insurance Records
• Advanced Medical Billing and Coding
• Hospital and Institutional Billing and Coding
• Medical Office Administration
• Medical Terminology
• Competent in ICD-9/CPT/HCPCS
• Trained in CMS 1500/UB92 forms
• Trained in E-Thomas/springcharts/medisoft medical billing software
• HIPPA compliance procedures
• Knowledgeable with Microsoft Word, Excel
• Telephone Etiquette