Results-driven Executive Manager committed to growth, with adroit understanding of the Federal Procurement Cycle. Expert networker practiced in establishing strategic alliances. Dedicated Director adept at investing personnel in company mission / goal to deliver quality product and superior customer service. Professional Manager, conscientious of morale as a factor of personnel development. Areas of expertise:
Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information • Private / Government Contracting • GSA • DoD
Procurement Streamlining Principles • Past Performance • Performance-based Statements of Work Acquisition • Commercial Items • Strategy Planning • Best Practices • FAR Part 15 Re-write • EPA • Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Level III Certification • PMP • ITIL v.3 • Microsoft Office
December 2012 to Present
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) management and professional services company specializing in Acquisition and Human Resources Consulting Services. 100 employees. $8M annual revenue.
Managed 80 employees nationwide, company operations, sales objectives and reports to superiors. Complied with policies, contract / financial requirements and regulations. Established company brand, with short and long-term goals, to support vision, mission, strategic goals and company culture. Routinely refined processes, delivery and profitability to ensure business continuity for optimum efficacy and productivity. Scheduled and monitored projects, communicating with sub-contractors and resolving issues. Interfaced with clients, bid to timely delivery of quality services. Coached personnel, set expectations and performed evaluations with on-site Team Leads. Conducted Risk Management, with recommendations. Met with personnel and clients on site and Team Leaders via conferencing.
Executive Management Achievements:
• Landed contract with significant new client.
• Won $9.5M award for acquisition and program management support.
• Cross-trained personnel and developed policies to leverage resources in a growing infrastructure.
• Improved profitability by persuading opening up of labor categories.
October 2011 to November 2012
Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) healthcare and security consulting firm, providing full-spectrum IT program support as an Eligible-Cleared Facility and utilizing Sensitive Compartmental Information Facility to support classified clients and partners. 500 employees.
Supervised 30 employees, including Project Team PMO Managers. Supported COO & collaborated with Leadership Team in Strategic Planning execution and resourcing. Initiated new business via direct targeting and benefit proposals, resulting in pipeline yielding short, mid & long-term growth objectives. Guided projects, including quality control & risk management. Provided outstanding customer service at all federal levels. Incorporated routine key stakeholder feedback and original client surveys into continuous process improvement, with weekly status reports and resource leveling. Coached Managers and employees to success. dialoguing on pre-emptive issue resolution and PMO implementation. Served as business development and operations review executive on all civilian federal pursuit reviews.
Corporate Leadership Feats:
• Reduced HR complaints and position vacant days by meeting weekly with HR for status review.
• Preserved business acumen and commitment as position shifted through company’s rapid growth.
• Built long-term strategic relationships based on trust and accurate communication.
• Recognized by Founder as trusted adviser / change agent, for creating strategic alliances & ensuring business alignments with firms demonstrating similar values, with emphasis on people / clients.
• Increased profitability through higher bill rates negotiations with prime contractor.
• Selected as presenter for 2012 Federal Procurement Conference sponsored by Montgomery Chamber of Commerce.
• Contributed to listing in 2012 Inc. 500 as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
June 2008 to January 2011
International, Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) providing Program Management, Performance Improvement, Acquisition Lifecycle Management, Contracts & Grants Management, Systems Engineering & Integration and Financial Management to the Federal Government. 200 employees. $22M revenue.
Vice President: Corporate Development • 2011-2011 / Federal Solutions Division • 2008-2011
Supported CFO and COO to provide smooth daily operations toward business development and pre-emptive high-risk resolution. Complied with corporate policies and laws. Evaluated executive performance for objective and policy compliance and good corporate citizenship. Oversaw Business Development, Proposal Writing, 2 Federal BU Directors, Director of Talent Acquisition and respective staffs. Directed business development and collaborated with management team on new business alignment with core capabilities and growth objectives. Grew current and new business across portfolio, developing new avenues of business with marketing and sales strategies based on market conditions, core capabilities and competition. Managed infrastructure to ensure smooth operation functioning and alignment with corporate objectives. Partnered with CFO on Financial Administration, business policies, advising CEO, performance metrics monitoring, and objective revision based on activity and financial analysis. Joined Talent Acquisition Director to recruit high-quality management and personnel. Met shareholder, personnel and client expectations, for customer retention. Represented company to clients, personnel, competitors, suppliers, government agencies, community and professional organizations. Teamed with Division management on corporate overall strategic plans / goals.
Financial Highlights & Recognition:
• Raised revenue from $8M to $20M in 3 years, specifically within VA, DHS, and GSA.
• Exceeded revenue by 11% of budget and profit by 95%.
• Earned ranking of #40 on 2010 Washington Technology Fast 50 of the 50 fastest-growing small-business government contractors.
• Praised by superior as “energetic, intelligent leader…motivates…over / above…leads by example.”
• Acclaimed by consultants as “respected inside and outside the company for his leadership skills, program management abilities and his knowledge of the Federal Government contracting arena.”
Operational & Leadership Accomplishments:
• Increased awareness of organization in industry, attaining profitable business goals.
• Developed geographic locations from 3 states to a global network.
• Established organization as “gold standard” service provider.
• Broadened customer base to augment sales and profitability by adding PM as a core competency.
• Recruited experienced senior management to implement program management.
• Trained extant personnel on all aspects of program management, connecting to acquisition.
• Developed policies and procedures in accordance with CMMI standard.
December 2000 to May 2008
Led capture of $48 million DHS requirement.
• Responsible for the oversight and management of 55 employees.
• Developed and executed near and long-term business management policies and business development strategies, created and implemented budgets, designed career development programs, and mentored workforce members to increase their competencies, skills and abilities.
• Interacted daily with high-level government and industry officials to assess their requirements and provide appropriate support.
• Led activities of cross-functional program teams that resulted in meeting milestones ahead of schedule.
• Accomplished long-term profitably and revenue growth for all programs under leadership.
• Built and commanded a team in support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID) IT business cases (OMB) 300. Partnered with the Agency to ensure compliance with "The President's Management Agenda" (PMA) and Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) process.
• Guided a cost and technical team for the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) for their highly visible Overseas Military Banking Program. Conducted and documented cost-technical tradeoff and best-value analysis. Briefed the Source Selection Advisory Council on the results of the Technical and Cost Board findings. Briefed Source Selection Authority (SSA) on the Source Selection Advisory Council's (SSAC) recommendation.
Contracting Officer/Business Advisor
February 1999 to December 2000
Experienced in the application of procurement streamlining principals such as past performance, acquisition of commercial items, drafting of performance-based statements of work, and acquisition strategy planning and utilization of the FAR Part 15 rewrite.
• Served as Contracting Officer in the $1.2 billion dollar Renovation of the Pentagon with an unlimited warrant. Managed the highly political renovation project to reroute the Metro Entrance Facility (MEF) at the Pentagon. Successfully managed procurements through the source selection process, as well as contract administration.
• Developed acquisition strategy, evaluation factors, and award fee plans.
• Successfully solved problems as the business liaison with the program and contractor to clarify provisions to avoid any potential impasses.
• Provided guidance to members of the Architect-Engineering Evaluation Board and chaired the Committee tasked with negotiation of professional services contracts.
September 1993 to February 1999
July 1991 to September 1993
B.S. in Government