January 2011 to October 2012
• Won a $2 million dollar IT support contract with the Army Corps of Engineers in Vicksburg, MS
• Won $6 million dollars in Professional service contracts with various Federal government agencies in 3 month period.
• Managed to coordinate with business management team to win a $10 bn IT Contract with the General Service Administration
• Marketing Strategy Customization: Led multiple program managers nation- wide to accomplish contract award goals-driving revenues from $13 million to $48 million dollars in 18 months
• Training Specialist: Responsible for training and coaching teams in India and the Continental U.S.
• Responsible for managing and leading the contracts core with overall responsibility for establishing, providing significant strategic and tactical expertise for the deployed contracts organization.
• Interviewing applicants through existing and new sources as needed.
• Utilizing electronic processes for recruiting and placement.
• Working with clients to make the best placement/service decisions.
• Matching the skills of the candidates to the needs of customers.
• Resolve negotiation impasses, developing and maintaining metrics.
• Manage the preparation and submittal of specified contract proposals.
• Review and prepare documents which address the customer and company requirements.
• Ensure timely submission of proposals.
Senior Career Counselor / Regional Manager
October 2007 to September 2010
As a Senior Recruiter, primary accountability was to partner with regional recruiters and align innovative recruitment techniques while achieving agreed contract obligations and talent acquisition objectives while consistently balancing both external and internal working relationships. Ultimately responsible for managing the end to end recruitment process as the key expert guiding all vested parties on job descriptions, sourcing strategies, and all the way to the on boarding process. Actively participate in ongoing innovative leadership forums geared towards recruitment improvement initiatives and investing in professional self through company provided training sessions created to further develop both operational and business excellence.
• Managed and trained career counselors across 8 states, preparing, scheduling and outlining tasks for training subordinate counselors.
• Developed a $125K budget producing and presenting quarterly management reports to management.
• Overall responsible as the retention expert for the command, managing 2500 personnel files including retirement benefits, transfer information, education and medical documentation.
• Created and implemented different professional development programs in areas of Equal Opportunity Training, Career Counseling Training and providing updates on incentives and bonuses.
• Worked with subordinate command officers updating each of them on bonuses, benefits and pay scale changes.
• Provided assistance to those who were transitioning careers advising them of the resources available and assisting in relocation as needed.
• Counseled and evaluated soldiers to determine eligibility to re-enlist determining skills, interests and career goals while educating them on bonuses and incentives.
• Coordinate, prepare and send out notices to soldiers who were eligible to re-enlist.
• Counseled individuals to assure they were qualified and suitable to work.
• Developed tool which streamlined HR filing system and eliminated 50% of filing space. Performed other key HR functions such as employee relations, compensation and benefits, welcoming new personnel onboard, and administration of workers compensation
• Wrote proposal for Stress Control Program resulting in 45% increased productivity and 82 additional enlistments.
• Collaborated with several agencies such as Family Readiness and Red Cross, along with other organizations within the community in order to send out care packages overseas.
• Participated in sales and marketing activities which consisted of developing displays and marketing material for recruitment purposes.
• Actively involved in local expos, university events and local Chamber of Commerce to recruit and positively promote organization.
• Coordinated and participated in relief assistance provided medical supplies to the individuals affected in Haiti and the tsunami
April 1985 to June 2010
February 2005 to October 2007
Responsible for working with recruiters and qualifying individuals for the Army Reserve.
• Responsible for multi-hospital staffing of Trauma Surgeons, Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) achieving a 75% increase in placement.
• Responsible for all aspects of account management; managing a prospecting list, partner development, forecasting, quota attainment, negotiations and closing.
• •Executed pre-screening and/or final phone/face to face interviews for individuals interested in the Army Reserve and supported all parties in concern with assessment.
• Built and maintained relationships with key individuals with the targeted skills and requirements.
• Gathered paperwork and documentation in order to initiate the process for individuals enrolling into the military and assured that they are assigned properly.
• Developed and executed recruiting plans, managing new candidates and conducting follow up meetings to determine the next step.
• Awarded Recruiter of the year (2005).
• Exceeded recruiting and marketing quotas for 7 consecutive quarters.
February 2001 to February 2005
Responsible for successfully recruiting and filling 40 Military Police vacancies with High quality candidates.
• Recruited for various sections in Law enforcement such as criminal investigators and correction officers.
• Developed and maintained a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified leaders.
• Created and fostered relationships with colleges and diverse professional organizations to attract and recruit prospective candidates.••Increased recruiting trend of law enforcement personnel by 25% within 6 months.
• •Reviewed resumes and credentials for skills, experience and knowledge matching requirements.
• Managed and coordinated all communication with candidates.
• Organized, led and documented post-interview reviews and post-mortems with interview teams and candidates.
• Managed the presentation, selection, negotiation, and closing components of full life-cycle recruiting. •Conduct follow-up calls and quality-improvement studies with hiring managers and new hires.
• Developed an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire for succession planning.
• Kept up-to-date with of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in the market.
• Processed all new hire, benefits and transfer paperwork ensuring 100% compliance with Military regulations.