Online Merchandise Manager
The ECommerce Merchandise Manager is responsible for creating and building a business on sears.com and /or kmart.com, with current/new processes, while leveraging the merchandise, processes, and assets from the FLS. The role entails increasing online conversion through online analytics, user experience, and on and off-site merchandising and increasing attachment rate by improving cross-sells and other cross merchandising opportunities. This position is responsible for meeting planned sales and gross margin goals for their designated area of merchandise sold online. The position is also responsible for meeting the sales and margin plan within their respective categories online and for managing expenses.
This position works closely with the management team, FLS Merchant team, merchandise planning team, promotional planning team, operational team and the merchandising support team to significantly improve the profitability and maximize shareholder value. This position reports directly to the Divisional Merchandise Manager or the Senior Category Manager and interacts heavily with FLS Vice Presidents and DMMs.
1. Maintain a clean storefront
2. Maintain an accurate 2 month promotional calendar at all times
- Responsibilities include promotional execution, identifying and developing solid product content, optimizing online navigation, maintaining clean well merchandised category pages and consistent and accurate accessories
3. Be an expert in your category
- Ensure that the plan is executed with minimal changes
- Utilize this calendar to forecast assigned business
4. Understand financials/your numbers
- Understand and build the product plan, plan for transitions and understand market trends at all times
5. Maintain solid relationships with the FLS merchants, Sears Online support staff and your vendors
- Understand how they correlate to FLS and industry trends
- Be able to summarize your business at an executive level at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Bachelors degree from four year college or university
Role specific abilities/skills
- 4 years of related experience, preferably within Retail, and/or Ecommerce Merchandising.
- Prior e-commerce experience is desirable
- Fluency in multiple disciplines throughout SHC – operations, IT development, project management, finance/accounting, marketing, logistics, direct marketing, etc.
- Strong product and analytical skills
- Relationship building skills
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills
- Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and Windows-based programs, particularly PowerPoint
- Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations
- Ability to manage multiple, detailed tasks with urgency and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize work
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...