IT Integrated Operations Support Associate/Specialist (hierarchy)-22734
The Operations Support Team works 24x7 monitoring operations of I/T network, mainframe and applications. Every day is different in the Integrated Operations Center and priorities are constantly changing - individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy bringing issues to resolution quickly will succeed in this position. This position will work a modified night shift schedule (6:00pm - 6:30am), based on a two week rotation.
Responsible for supporting corporate level applications spanning the enterprise. Work with customers, staff, vendors and other monitor customer requirements to assess impact to other data systems, and consider available alternatives solutions. Focus on improving business operational results and processes including design, development, integration and implementation of day-to-day processes, organization and technology solutions. Drives consistency and change by providing expertise and leadership to monitor continuous process improvement, and manage change. Develops and leverages a thorough understanding of and experience in company wide applications and infrastructure to increase efficiencies, ensure consistency, and added value.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Effectively use monitoring tools and respond to alerts that impact the environment with supervision.
- Monitor automated batch processing tools to ensure that all agreed Service Levels are met. Ensure the Problem and Escalation Management procedures are correctly followed and that all problems are recorded in the appropriate problem management tools.
- Provide support and coordination for Severity Incidents, to resolve communication issues related to resolving BDM led situations. As a member of the IOC operations team, answer daily calls for support related to IOC lead issues. Ensure resolutions and documentation requirements are followed in resolving issues and assigning the IOC incident to the proper area for Root Cause Analysis.
- Anticipate, develop, and coordinate special projects in conjunction with IOC leadership. Determine and develop operational improvements, track results and ensure tangible improvements are documented and communicated.
- Assess, enhance and upgrade technical areas and work with system owners to address system issues and improve performance. Ensure system changes are incorporated and communicated effectively.
- This would include interaction with company and vendor led support issues.
- Ensure all control center, emergency response, and dispatch processes, and administrative processes are followed and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Communicate the critical project elements and gain organizational buy-in to successfully complete improvement projects identified by management. Create improvement projects which integrate organizational and technology changes. Effectively manage and assist others in managing change.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
< ;br/>Candidates will be considered within a two-level hierarchy (Associate, Specialist) based on qualifications.
Specialist (in addition to what is listed above)
- Associate's degree in Information Technology or Business or related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Operations, process management, process improvement in I/T Operations preferred.
Primary Location: CO-Denver
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years experience in operations, process management, process improvement in I/T Operations
- Experience in leading teams preferred
- Experience with the following monitoring tools is preferred: HP Openview, Mercury ProMon, Mercury SiteScope, Badger, Network Node Manager, Microsoft Operations Manager, Magnum and IBM Director
- ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Description of ideal candidate
NukeWorker.com - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard