Business Partner 3 - Compensation (Denver or MPLS)-22641
Serves as a primary consultative resource for specific business areas on matters including but not limited to: job design and evaluation; market surveys, analyses and reporting; salary planning and administration; annual and long-term variable pay programs; sales compensation programs; progression pay programs; base pay programs and special arrangements (e.g., retention programs, employment and agreements). Provides consultative services to other regulated and non-regulated business areas as needed. Participates in the design, implementation and administration of Xcel Energy's broad-based compensation programs. Participates in wage and salary surveys and recommends changes to ensure the company's competitive position in the marketplace. Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Special consultative services: Serves as primary consultative resource for specific business areas (regulated and non-regulated) and provides expertise for the design, development and implementation on all compensation-related issues, plans and programs. May work with subsidiary Boards of Directors on approvals of special plans.
- Market analysis & job evaluation: Participates in annual market surveys and special surveys to support and guide compensation initiatives in assigned business areas. Evaluates salaried, hourly, middle and top management positions in Xcel for assigned business areas. Ensures compliance with FLSA. May also perform special analyses to support business area-specific recommendations (e.g., overtime analyses, call-in or stand-by pay, etc.).
- Base and variable pay programs: Participates in the design, development, implementation, communication and administration of broad-based base and variable pay programs for Xcel non-bargaining and bargaining employees.
- Salary planning and administration: Participates in annual processes for updating salary structures and base pay guidelines, and the development of communications and implementation plans.
- Leads or participates in special projects/analyses, such as data gathering & analyses required during due diligence for mergers, acquisitions or divestitures; systems liaison and testing, bargaining unit compensation analyses, etc.
Required &l t;br/>
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 7 years of progressively responsible compensation experience.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of compensation issues, trends and practices.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make good business judgments and provide guidance on priorities and technical implementation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to effectively interface with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Strong data management, analysis and reporting skills, and solid proficiency in computer applications.
Primary Location: CO-Denver
- Professional compensation certification from a recognized professional or educational organization is preferred.
Other Locations: MN-Minneapolis
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Description of ideal candidate
NukeWorker.com - 2 years ago