- 3-5 Years Experience is Required
This is a Perinatal-CNS. Must have 3-5 yrs of Perinatal experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Required: Proven effective interpersonal communication and teaching skills.
· Required: Masters Degree in Nursing, Clinical Nurse Specialist preparation; current or readiness for CNS certification.
· Required: Five (5) years recent experience in the clinical specialty area.
· Required: Current nursing license.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Demonstrates commitment to the vision, core purpose/mission and goals of hospital, modeling the values and culture. The advanced knowledge and skills required for this role include clinical expertise in a focus area, evidence-based practice, collaboration, consultation, education, mentoring, and change leadership. These are essential to advance the practice of nursing and the professional development of nurses. The specialized knowledge and skills are to be used within at least one of three major areas of focus: patient/family, nursing practice, and/or the organization/system. Functioning in this advanced practice role, the individual is accountable for collaborating with members of the health care team to design, implement, and measure safe, cost-effective, evidence-based care strategies. Functioning in this advanced practice role, the individual is responsible for maintaining current professional knowledge and competencies and contributing to the advancement of the practice of nursing at the unit/system, local, state, and/or national and international level.