Job Description: @WalmartLabs Innovations Visual Designer
Do you want to help reinvent the next generation of e-commerce and have an impact on hundreds of millions of users? Does building out innovative prototypes in quick, 100-day sprints intrigue you?
The Social Platform @WalmartLabs is looking for an all-around rock star Visual Designer to join our Innovations team. We believe that social interactions between shoppers will be central to the shopping process. Sharing and following information around products on e-commerce sites as well as using existing social networks will help shoppers make better decisions. Come work with a world-class team of engineers and product visionaries to help us brainstorm, design and create beautiful, eye-catching, and usable experiences!
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of outstanding conceptual design, information architecture, and visual design skills. Front-end development skills in HTML, CSS and jQuery are a plus but are by no means necessary. A strong portfolio that demonstrates both an out-of-the-box, unique style as well as creative problem solving solutions and an ability to deliver simple, elegant, engaging, and empowering user experiences is required.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of industry experience with consumer-facing web sites, applying user-centered design principles
- Solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field
- Ability to apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints into an engaging user experience
- Experience with the entire product design cycle, from wireframes, to mockups, to prototypes, to final CSS/HTML
- Strong, clean, innovative, visual design sense
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
An online portfolio to view is required
Indeed - 15 months ago
Through the innovative fusion of retail, social and mobile, @WalmartLabs is redefining Commerce for the largest retailer worldwide. We are a...