The Maintenance Mechanic will perform all phases of mechanical, electrical and plumbing repair to the building and dairy production plant equipment. These repairs will be performed with a sense of urgency and accuracy to help minimize / ensure there are no disruptions to plant operations.
٠Perform preventative and routine maintenance on equipment and on the building.
٠Complete all work in a timely manner with quality and pride.
٠Check running equipment throughout the plant periodically during the shift to identify potential problems and/or areas of concern, to minimize / eliminate instances of failure.
٠Thoroughly troubleshoot all problems and areas of concern.
٠Immediately and effectively communicate all problems and concerns with the supervisor.
٠Work in a professional manner with all employees and with outside contractors, regardless of the situation.
٠Attend and successfully complete various training classes throughout the year, as assigned.
٠Knowledge of and willingness to learn the start up, shut down and repair of boilers.
٠Capably use a computer to retrieve work orders, signoff on work completed, and reorder parts used for daily repairs.
٠Must be available to be reached by home or cell phone when needed for assistance.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must have excellent and proven mechanical ability with previous electrical experience. Welding experience is a plus.
- Ideal candidate has previous experience working in a manufacturing / production plant environment.
- Able to work on and successfully complete multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have proper hand tools needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Able to regularly lift up to 80 lbs.
- Schedule flexibility is required to support plant operations. This includes the willingness to work weekends and holidays, and on planned / unplanned tasks as needed.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude.