The Maintenance PLC Technician will maintain and troubleshoot PLC control systems, motor controls and VFDs, instrumentation, pneumatics, networks and production plant equipment, to include performing preventative and routine maintenance on all equipment.These repairs will be performed with a sense of urgency and accuracy to help minimize / ensure there are no disruptions to plant operations.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on equipment and on the building.
- Complete all work in a timely manner with quality and pride.
- Check running equipment throughout the plant periodically during the shift to identify potential problems and/or areas of concern, to minimize / eliminate instances of failure.
- Thoroughly troubleshoot all problems and areas of concern.
- Immediately and effectively communicate all problems and concerns with the supervisor.
- Work in a professional manner with all employees and with outside contractors, regardless of the situation.
- Attend and successfully complete various training classes throughout the year, as assigned.
- Knowledge of and willingness to learn the start up, shut down and repair of boilers.
- Capably use a computer to retrieve work orders, signoff on work completed, and reorder parts used for daily repairs.
- Must be available to be reached by home or cell phone when needed for assistance.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) in related field with 2+ years of related experience.
- Competency with Allen Bradley (AB) PLC program logic, and the ability to go online with SLC 500, PLC5 and Control Logix processors to decipher logic and how each one functions.
- Maintain and troubleshoot industrial networks such as Ethernet\IP, DH+, DH485, remote I/O, ControlNet and DeviceNet.
- Knowledge of basic electricity.
- Knowledge of AB VFDs, and the ability to troubleshoot, wire and program the drives. Must be familiar with Drive Explorer.
- Knowledge of PID control loops.
- Competency to troubleshoot and calibrate instrumentation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in control circuitry, instrumentation, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Must have excellent and proven mechanical ability with previous electrical experience. Welding experience is a plus.
- Ideal candidate has previous experience working in a manufacturing / production plant environment.
- Able to work on and successfully complete multiple tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have proper hand tools needed to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Able to regularly lift up to 80 lbs.
- Schedule flexibility is required to support plant operations. This includes the willingness to work weekends and holidays, and on planned / unplanned tasks as needed.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude.
Indeed - 21 months ago
To maximize the return for our farmer owners from the manufacture and sale of high quality dairy products.