Oversee Quality Department and lead Continual Improvement manufacturing automotive parts and assemblies for multiple customers including Tier 1 to GM and Toyota.
Quality Manager Responsibility and Requirements
- As appropriate; reviews and approves quality documents and records; including changes to quality documents.
- Assures appropriate quality documents and records comply with the QMS.
- Help maintins internal and external quality documents.
- As appropriate, coordinates document changes with customers and regulatory authorities.
- Reviews supplier performances; if appropriate, determines and defines the need to establish additional controls.
- Maintains Customer Communications as appropriate.
- Helps evaluate new proposed supplier’s quality systems & determine supplier’s capability
- Prepare designated agenda inputs & outputs during Management Review
- Participates in Internal Audits; frequency and audit criteria.
- Contributes to the continual improvement process including improvement actions, corrective actions, preventative actions and customer complaint process.
- Identify customer verification / identification requirements as appropriate.
- Helps identify Customer and internal designated special characteristics
- As appropriate investigate, confirm and document manufacturing feasibility and or risk analysis.
- Ensure that part identification and traceability systems are in place as appropriate.
- Maintains final inspection and release records.
- Ensures that in-process, final inspection and dock audits systems are suitable and effective.
- Communicates non-conforming product occurrences appropriately.
- Determines if corrective or preventative actions are needed and is responsible for the disposition of non-conforming product during Material Review Board activities.
- Maintains customer concession or request to deviate records.
- Helps identify customer owned tooling and records, as appropriate.
- Identifies implements and maintains systems that ensure product inspection and testing requirements as appropriate.
- Responsible for overseeing PPAP process and maintaining PPAP records as living documents.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of control plans and inspection instruction sheets.
- Participates in approval of production control documents, work instructions and Job set-up up instructions.
- Ensures manufacturing process design controls and verification requirements are completed and documented using PPAP process.
- Ensures control plans are updated as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing the process for controlling, calibrating, and maintaining monitoring, measuring, inspection, and test equipment.
- Be experienced in directing the preparation and implementation of Quality
Control procedures and processes including receiving inspections, auditing / validations and root cause / problem solving experience.
- Have experience with ISO/TS 16949 Requirements, Core Tools including APQP, and Big 3 Customer specific requirements (Automotive Production experience helpful)
*Degree or combination of education/experience in lieu of degree
**We DO NOT offer relocation packages.
S&A Industries Corporation was formed in April 2010. Formally WestAkron North America LLC; S&A is a joint venture company between...