The Senior Report Analyst plays a crucial role in the success of American Public Media’s fundraising efforts by leading our development division’s analysis and understanding of relevant data. By providing reporting and analysis of member, donor and audience data – primarily derived from the Salesforce CRM tool – this position has a direct, tangible impact on the businesses of APM: Minnesota Public Radio (MPR), Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) and Classical South Florida (CSF).
We’re looking for someone with a rare combination of skills: highly analytical and detail-oriented, but able to see the big picture, connect-the-dots across the organization, and communicate the results of complex data analysis in a succinct, clear manner. This role acts as a primary point of contact on day-to-day reporting issues, data questions, and report queries for a wide range of internal customers, and must be have a high degree of commitment to providing exceptional customer service. Timeliness, collaboration, and flexibility with regard to shifting priorities are all key attributes needed for this role.
- Queries and mines large data sets to discover patterns, examine data, and develop reports.
- Support current predictive models and tools, and develops new statistical predictive models to forecast future behaviors and identify trends to drive fundraising revenue.
- Works directly with internal customers such as membership, major donor gifts, foundation relations, finance, national programming, and capital campaign activities to gain an understanding of how their reporting needs fit into the existing business processes and systems.
- Fosters a customer and donor centered, cooperative and productive work environment.
- Communicates regularly with staff to apprise others of project status and timelines.
- Trains users in basic query functions.
- Ensures the confidentiality and privacy of donor information.
- Leads reporting and analytics through a transition from many disparate databases and systems to a new CRM tool on the salesforce platform.
- Generates on-going and one-time selections for renewals, acknowledgements, pledge & installment bills, additional gift, lapsed, giveaways, etc
- Generates on-going and one-time requested revenue reports.
- Tracks and updates by member, records for all mailings and other solicitations once they are completed.
- Develops and maintains current system/database and user documentation as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains databases for users.
- Ensures that all methodologies, policies, and procedures are followed in regards to database maintenance.
- Serves as the key liaison with IT on implementing and maintaining systems and development of recommendations for new policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Three or more years experience of reporting and database management (Salesforce experience is essential).
- Experience with and knowledge of database programming concepts including Structured Query
- Extensive experience working within a CRM environment.
- Expertise in Microsoft Access and VBA.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
- Ability to adhere to and knowledge of standard principles and practices governing data information.
- Working knowledge of Cognos or similar BI system.
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling.
- Ability to establish work priorities and manage workload autonomously.
- Ability to document processes and develop recommendations for new policies and processes.
- Language, stored procedures, and relationships.
- Maintains working knowledge of industry and technology trends and innovations, including relevant social media trends. Incorporates new developments, as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in written and oral form with managers, departmental colleagues and interdepartmental/divisional clients and contacts and to work within a team framework to achieve organization goals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Internet Explorer
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer data, business requirements, and the bigger picture in regards to fundraising and management of membership information.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build effective professional relationships.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to see patterns and stories in information and data, etc.
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts.
- Detail oriented and well-organized with the capacity to develop, coordinate, and report on complex data.
- Ability to learn new applications as required.
- Ability to provide the right amount of information and interpretation, and knowledge of how to adjust based on the specific situation when presenting information to individuals/groups.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of concepts relevant to Enterprise (Access International) and IBI.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS.
- Familiarity with Omniscope.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
o Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
o Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
o Moderate noise level
Indeed - 21 months ago
American Public Media, a nonprofit organization, is the second largest producer and distributor of public radio programming and the largest...