The Amsdell Companies, located in suburban airport area, has an immediate opening for Full Time Construction and Maintenance Project Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for advancement with a progressive employer that offers a competitive benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee property conversions for acquired self-storage centers. Conversions include, but are not limited to, roofing, paving, HVAC, structural, office remodels, etc.
- Oversee replacement of large scale signs with national sign vendor. Ensure compliance with brand standards
- Work with District Managers to create and execute an annual capital improvement plan for each self-storage center
- Work with District Managers on completing maintenance requests for projects over $1,000
- Complete construction and maintenance due diligence and create budgets and timelines for properties to be acquired
- Initiate bid process, negotiate and supervise contracted services for assigned properties
- Conduct regular site visits as required and prepare project status, progress and inspection report
- Generate and maintain accurate paper and electronic files for due diligence and financial purposes
- Participate in property status meetings, providing status confirmation with detailed and accurate information
- Select and supervise the daily activities of general contractors and design/engineering consultants
- Develop and prepare project budgets and cost estimates. Ensure that project stays within budget. Make budget adjustments as necessary and obtain approval
- Responsible for completion of company construction projects as assigned. Ensure that coordination and regular communication of overall project occurs between design professionals, construction, real estate and others involved in the planning and construction phases. Verify that all building codes, disability design requirements, permits, etc. have been met.
- Reviews all drawings and makes sure the conform to the company design standards
- Advises management of any project delays of budget changes and identifies alternate actions
- Upon completion of projects, reviews all warranties, O&M manuals and completion of the final punch list required by the contract documents
- Monitors all inspections or corrections required by governing agencies
- Coordinates final acceptance, inspection and scheduling of occupancy
The ideal candidate must have:
- Employment history that demonstrates property maintenance and construction experience and the application and usage of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC maintenance and repair techniques. Multi-project management experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet programs in order to maintain records of information and develop and provide information for the Company’s use
- General AutoCAD knowledge required.
- Thorough understanding of construction, municipality relations, plan reading and permitting process and procedures
- Experience in construction management and/or real estate a must; multiple location supervision preferred
- Familiarity with architectural, structural, civil, MEP design / drawings
- Possess strong project accounting skills, including budget development, ongoing project cost monitoring and large money contract management
- Ability to learn new software as needed
- Ability to travel frequently, sometimes on short notice, as dictated by business needs
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current, valid driver’s license and state issued photo id
Other Skills and Abilities
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Indeed - 9 months ago