This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a fast paced biotechnology development team. Our company develops next generation biotech instruments, medical devices, and consumable products in an accelerated timeframe. In house capabilities include mechanical engineering, optics, electrical engineering, industrial design, software development, and full machine shop. This position includes all aspects of mechanical engineering from conceptualization to transfer to manufacturing. Our ideal candidate can work effectively and efficiently as part of a team or as an individual contributor and will flourish ‘wearing many hats.’ They will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of new and original products and instruments of the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create concepts for the design of new biotech products and systems.
- Mechanical engineering efforts include mechanisms, fluid handling, motion control, disposable design, and system integration.
- CAD modeling of new designs and assemblies using Solidworks and design validation tools.
- Perform structural analysis using classical and FEA tools. Thermal and CFD analysis experience a plus.
- Develop and assemble prototypes using in-house machine shop and outside resources. Full in-house machining includes manual mills, lathes, etc. and Haas CNC automated mills using MasterCam.
- Assemble and debug new instruments and designs with electrical, optical, and software engineers.
- Develop required documentation including drawings, specs, and assembly procedures based on customer needs.
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and life scientists.
- Mentors and provides leadership to junior engineers
- A high level engineering position that will regularly take the role of technical lead
- Will be required to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Lead design reviews
- Liaise regularly with the President on design direction and product development outlook
- Operates in a fast-paced environment on Accelerated time frames
- Must balance efforts to match different customer requirements
- Limited travel on an 'as needed' basis
- Position with 90% technical and 10% managerial workload
EXPEREICNCE AND EDUCATION:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS is a plus
- 8+ years work experience in product engineering
- Design control experience required
- Extensive SolidWorks experience required
- Experience with FEA required, CFD and thermal analysis experience a plus
- Broad mechanical engineering background required; including mechanism design, plastics, fluidics, and motion control.
- Experience bringing products to manufacturing required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience in biotech and medical strongly preferred
- Contract development experience preferred
Full Benefits Package, Motivated Culture Driven by Teamwork, Involved in Developing New and Original Next Generation Products and Instruments, Small Business Environment with Opportunities for Growth, Reports to Senior Management, Works Closely with Senior Management
Accel Biotech is an Equal Opportunity Employer