Upscale Restaurant & Catering Facility Looking for an experienced dynamic and reliable General Manager
Candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to motivate employees to work as a team. Candidate must ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Candidate must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to catering facility daily operations.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant and catering facility. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining and event experience.
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all areas of the facility and make final decisions on matters of importance, including sales/booking of events.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional image of the restaurant and catering hall, including cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests. Operational responsibilities
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets. Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, must be eligible to work in the United States and agree to background and credit check.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits – Experience will be considered.
Please attach your resume to the above email address.
Thank you very much.