Job Title: Quality Assurance Lab Assistant
Department: Tides Enterprises
Reports To: QA Manager
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance programs designed to ensure quality food production. Consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following. – (Other duties may be assigned)
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist QA / R&D Manager with the planning, prioritizing, and completing of tasks.
- Conduct in-process, finished product, environmental and microbiological testing, data entry and equipment calibration.
- Competent in microbial techniques & aseptic technique.
- Evaluate test results and communicate deviations from the product specifications to the QA Manager and operators.
- Complete Certificates of Analysis.
- Arranges specimens and samples on trays to be placed in incubators and refrigerators.
- Maintain inventory reports and logs.
- Recommends changes in procedures, standards, test methods and equipment to improve quality.
- Performs microbiological analysis and sanitation inspections of production equipment and environment to ensure safe food production.
- Familiar with experimental design, standard laboratory data logging and reporting.
- Administer QA archives, including but not limited to filing and retrieving archival materials.
- Delivers supplies and laboratory specimens to designated work areas.
- Maintain laboratory in accordance to ISO standards.
- Support, and comply with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Support and comply with GMP’s.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience -
Bachelor’s degree in food science, nutrition, biology, microbiology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills -
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills -
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Reasoning Ability -
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills -
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of software; Power Point Project Management software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word Processing software.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Work Environment -
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The aforementioned is a general outline and is not limited to the policies or responsibilities above. As a Tides employee, you are expected to perform above and beyond the listed requirements expected of hourly employees. In the position of Quality Assurance Assistant you are part of the Executive Staff of the organization. With an executive salary package, the Quality Assurance Assistant is required to help lead and grow the company in accordance with the ownership’s goals and guidance. The position is eligible for additional bonus compensation, at the owner’s discretion, based on personal and company performance. Company policy is subject to change without notice.