The Director of Project Management at Chasse Consulting is responsible for leading the efforts in defining processes, governance, and project management tool usage. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position manages and monitors the workload of the project management team which includes project managers and project coordinators. This is a management-level position that requires the ability to lead a team and make complex decisions regarding staff and process. To be considered for this position, candidates must be PMP certified. Do not apply unless you have PMP certification.
Key functions of this position are:
- Serve as the expert in Project Management and lead in the coaching and mentoring of Project Managers and Project Coordinators to help them achieve individual expectations and deliverables.
- Implement program and operational metrics across project portfolio for reporting, issue identification, and process improvement.
- Monitor project performance against schedules, resources, scope changes, budgets and project and deliverable quality.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching on PMO process and specific project tasks.
- Develop detailed project plans, schedule work assignments, and monitor progress. Adjust project schedules and resources as necessary to meet project objectives.
- Provide routine project reporting and documentation to include status, open issues, resource and schedule detail using appropriate tools.
- Reviews and approves resources allocations across the project portfolios to ensure that all projects are completed within committed time, scope and budget.
- Create and maintain staffing plan to support the current and future work demands and project deliverables.
- Continue to refine and develop PMO processes, standards and procedures.
- Provide career development and performance management for team.
- Facilitate the development of product and client requirements based on input from internal/external sources and deliver the requirements from customers to the development team.
- Coordinate resources to ensure success. Interfaces with internally and externally. Represents the project team in internal and customer project reviews and presentations.
- Organize and manage projects adhering to project budget and schedule. These responsibilities include estimating project activities, acquiring resources, and defining deliverables. Determine and assess the need for additional resources and working directly with VP of Operations to make the appropriate recruitment.
- Manage communications required to the executive team and all team leads in the areas of the development methodology, development standards, project management to ensure process efficiency and continuity.
- Review and approve all project deliverables to ensure conformity with internal and customer specifications, style guides and quality requirements.
- Implement life cycle and standard development methodologies within the project(s).
- Track, manage, and report on risks and issues on multiple projects, timelines, and assigned projects.
- Work with internal and external individuals and internal team representatives to develop a cross-functional project team.
- Manage relationship and content validation with client Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) during content development and review cycles
- Build, develop, and grow any relationships vital to the success of projects and client communications.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Preferred - experience in curriculum development and instructional design of eLearning projects
- Experience using project management tools.
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Preferred - experience working in the high-tech industry and sales
- Strong customer-facing (virtual and in-person) presentation skills
- Experience working with both in-house development teams and freelance contractors
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and planning skills
- Proven problem solver and consensus builder
- Goal oriented leader
- High level of aptitude with Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, including customized templates
- Familiarity with tools and requirements for content development, electronic media, audio production including Articulate Presenter and Articulate Storyline.
- Strong familiarity with web meeting technologies such as Adobe Connect, WebEx and LiveMeeting.
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools including MS Project and SharePoint.
- 3+ years of experience in production, development and design environments
- The position may require up to 10% travel.
- Extensive knowledge of media development requirements and how they impact design and development.
- Experience in managing projects with deliverables in multiple languages
Indeed - 5 months ago
Process Systems & Solutions
Emerson Process Management
- 17 hours ago
Director of Product Management
- 16 days ago
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
- 1 day ago
Chasse Consulting: Sales Strategies, Inc. is a leading provider of sales solutions and translation services focused on sales performance...