Deb’s Pet Buddies is an established in-home pet sitting service seeking mature individuals to perform dog-walking and pet sitting services in the following areas:
- Lititz, Warwick Township, Rothsville-17543
- Lancaster (Lancaster City)-17602
- F&M area, Columbia Avenue Corridor, Marietta Avenue Corridor 17603
This is a great opportunity if you love animals, enjoy working outdoors and being independent. This is a permanent part-time employee position, but you MUST have open availability.
NOTE: Dog Walkers must be available Monday through Friday to perform daily dog walks between 11 am and 2 pm; Pet Sitters must be available mornings, afternoons and evenings, 7 days a week to make pet sitting visits to our clients' homes. You must also be available to work on holidays. This job is perfect for those who are self-employed with a flexible schedule, retirees, or stay-at-home moms who have flexibility in their schedule. If you have a job with set hours, this job is not for you. There is no guarantee of work and therefore no guarantee of income. When our clients travel, you work.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Walking dogs of all colors, shapes and sizes in all kinds of weather
- Providing food and water for all pets; scooping litter boxes; cleaning bird cages
- Performing basic home chores such as bringing in mail and newspapers, taking out/bringing in trash containers, alternating lights and blinds.
- Providing well-written, legible notes regarding details of visit
Candidates must understand that this is a PERMANENT part-time employee position. If you are anticipating a move out of the area, or will be seeking a full time job soon, this is not the job for you. Please DO NOT apply if you like to travel or vacation frequently. Pet care experience, such as dog walking or pet sitting experience, volunteer work in a shelter, working in a doggy daycare/kennel/vet or vet tech experience is preferred but not required.
- Live within the areas mentioned above. (If you do not live within these areas, please DO NOT apply as the traveling required would be too extensive.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Have reliable transportation at all times, an excellent driving record, a valid driver's license, and current auto insurance.
- Have daily access to your own cell phone with texting capability, email, internet, and printer.
- Have a cell phone (with texting service). Smart phone is a plus!
- Be able to work independently.
- Be able to manage a daily schedule of appointments.
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Be able to follow detailed instructions.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!!! Serious inquires only. In order to to be considered for this position, please include your resume (including the zip code in which you live) and a short explanation of why you are interested in being a pet sitter. ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT AN ATTACHED RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.