JOB SUMMARY (BRIEF):
Reports to the MIS Manager. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of all SQL database environments to support internal and external customers with web-based applications (Portals, intranet, extranet). Develop and Maintain internal applications to assist end-users with job responsibilities.
- DBA - Design, implement, and maintain organization's databases using Microsoft SQL, .NET, and .NET development tools.
Maintaining database and ensuring its availability to users
Controlling privileges and permissions to database users
Monitoring database performance
Database backup and recovery
Transferring Data (Import & Export)
Ability to write Structured Query Language(SQL) scripts.
- Application Programming - writing, updating and maintaining computer software using Microsoft Visual Studio, DotNetNuke, ASP
Assist with research, design, analysis, maintenance, documentation, and testing of software.
Using HTML, CSS, ASP/ASP.net, Visual Basic
Determine source data (input), processing requirements (output), output format.
Assist users with procedural or minor technical problems.
Verify that system meets performance criteria.
2. Assists in project planning and Web site design.
3. Designing, coding and debugging applications in .ASP,.NET, and CPlus.
4. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related.
- 3-5 + years with CPlus/.NET- relevant experience in database design and application programming (preferably manufacturing setting).
- At least 3 years of experience managing a SQL Server database server
- Familiarity with TCM software a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and team skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Works independently.
- Working in a cross functional atmosphere.
- Enjoys fast paced decision minded culture.
- Functions effectively in a high growth, changing environment.