Description of Services
Pharmacy Technician shall help pharmacist prepare prescription medications, provide customer service, perform administrative tasks, and keep pharmacies running smoothly. Pharmacy Tech is responsible for receiving prescription requests, labeling bottles, and counting tablets. He/she shall also be responsible for administrative duties such as stocking shelves, waiting on customers, and answering telephones.
- Interpretation of prescription orders received from authorized prescribers, including physicians, dentists, optometrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and mid-level practitioners.
- Entering data and printing labels for new and refill prescriptions using the pharmacy prescription software program.
- Filling and labeling new and refill prescriptions prior to final check and dispensing by a pharmacist or other independent practitioner.
- Conducting medication and supply inventories and inspections, including needles and syringes.
- Completing and maintaining pharmacy activity logs.
- Replenishing working stock medications and supplies in prescription processing and medication distribution areas.
- Routine cleaning of prescription processing and storage areas.
- Maintaining pharmacy files, records, reference subscriptions, and periodicals.
- Separating and processing non-hazardous pharmaceutical waste and returns.
- Assisting in quality assurance and continuous quality improvement activities and projects.
Educational and Skills Requirements
Education and Licenses:
- Must have graduated from an accredited Pharmacy Technician school or program.
- Must have and maintain a California License as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Must possess specialty training and/or certification as a Pharmacy Technician.
- Shall have a minimum of three (3) years experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard