CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT- CNA, Bethesda Military Treatment Facility in Bethesda MD
Must be US Citizen. BSN/ MSN or BSW/MSW and related experience; must have a current [and in good standing] license or be eligible to obtain from Maryland as an registered nurse or social worker; must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet Military Treatment Facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing. The CNA will be certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support. Must be available for local, regional or national travel.
- Position may be assigned to rotating shifts.
- Assumes essential personnel status during inclement weather/emergencies.
- May be assigned on a temporary basis to other clinics or nursing unit requiring rotation of shifts.
- Duties require stooping, stretching bending; periods of prolonged standing and walking; occasional heavy lifting (over 45 pounds in order to lift boxes of supplies and assists patients).
- Assists the Charge Nurse in determining the prioritization of patient's clinical needs based on physical urgency, and patient involvement in any pre-established or ongoing specialty care and mental health treatment programs.
- Following appropriate training operates and maintains specialized equipment such as infusion pumps, EKG machine, defibrillators, and respiratory support equipment.
- Collects and assists in collection of laboratory specimens, assures that appropriate laboratory/pathology/tissue forms have been completed.
Indeed - 21 months ago