The System’s Administrator specialist is responsible for installing software and providing break/fix activities for the 1-800 Flowers user community in the North Canton Ohio office. The specialist is responsible for building new computers, troubleshooting hardware and software problem, assisting remote staff with troubleshooting Network, Telecom and Server issues as well as participating on large scale software roll-outs. The qualified candidate will also be required to support in house developed as well as shrink wrapped software packages.
Duties include one on one daily interaction with users and other IT support professionals. Hardware and software troubleshooting. Build and installation of new PC's / rebuilds of old ones. Hardware replacement after diagnostics. Excellent understanding of networking basics/TCP/IP. Special project implementation and on-site client support. Also responsible for new hire setup and PC reassignment setup. Assisting in large projects like office wide hardware and/or
software upgrades, replacing network equipment, migrations to new servers and special software installs.
Must have outstanding diagnostic and deductive reasoning. Excellent communication and writing skills. Well organized. Professional presentation, friendly and outgoing, can do attitude a must. Self starting and motivated.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, or MIS.
- A+, N+, and/or MCP is required.
- At least 2 years of desktop applications support experience in a
professional services environment .
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
within the enterprise.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong understanding of Windows and MS office applications.
- Strong understanding of Windows 2000/2003 and 2008 Server.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Exchange.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong customer service focus and experience.
- Experience in EDI is a plus