Part-time Education Director Needed to Join Our Growing Team!
Southern Technical College recently announced the purchase of its newest school, Florida Medical Prep located in Pinellas Park and Tavares, Florida. This creates a number of growth opportunities for the right candidate with initiative, drive and determination.
Florida Medical Prep - Pinellas Park Campus is currently in the process of becoming rebranded as Southern Technical Institute (STI), a division of Southern Technical College, and will continue to offer licensed and approved entry-level allied health programs to the public including Articulated Nurse Assistant (CNA), Patient Care Assistant (PCA), Home Health Aide (HHA) and Phlebotomy Technician programs. In addition, Southern Technical Institute will continue offering a wide range of certification and test preparation courses in the allied health field including Nurse Assistant, ECG/EKG, HIV/AIDS and First Aid. Southern Technical Institute will be the institution of choice for individuals who need to earn continuing education units (CEU’s) in order to maintain their medical license and/or certifications.
Southern Technical Institute (Florida Medical Prep ) -- Pinellas Park Campus is now interviewing for a part-time Nurse Education Director to help support our rapid growth! This role will support our Articulated Nurse Assistant and Patient Care Assistant programs at all locations. Hours can increase as the role progresses.
We are currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse help us improve our curriculum content and also teach our students to help improve the competency of Florida's future healthcare providers. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of both Florida Board of Education and Florida Board of Nursing. Experience Florida Department of Elder Affairs curriculum is a plus!
The right candidate will be instructing adult students in practical and theoretical knowledge. Basic duties include: classroom instruction, tutoring, curriculum development, and student retention.
Instructor shall prepare students to receive entry-level training through instruction and supervision of students in classroom, lab and clinical sites to meet the requirements of the Florida Board of Nursing (BON) and Commission for Independent Education (CIE), as well as state and federal regulations.
1. A minimum of three years of work related experience within your field that can be verified.
2. Teaching or Training experience. Knowledge of curriculum development a plus.
3. Experience and comfort in communicating with adults from other nations, cultures and ethnic groups.
4. Must hold a current State of Florida Registered Nurse license.
5. Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work well with students, faculty, staff and the community.
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule that could include day, evening and weekend shifts.
8. Must be able to pass a mandatory drug and criminal background screening.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
1. Has a genuine interest in and willingness to motivate, inspire and share their passion for the medical industry.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of current state and federal regulations applying to training and success of students.
3. Demonstrates a high level of inter-personal skills, including individual and group communication, team building skills, flexibility, and problem solving.
4. Provides appropriate interactive instruction to adult students.
5. Models professionalism and strong standards that will ensure our students serve the medical industry in high respect.
A. Directly responsible for classroom, lab and clinical instruction, including gathering needed instructional equipment and supplies.
B. Attends Staff meetings. Shares responsibility with other staff for continuing program development, organization and implementation.
C. Evaluates student progress, performs skills testing, and maintains student records.
D. Provides 1-on-1 tutoring as needed for students preparing for examination.
E. Models professional work habits for students.
G. Respects student confidentiality.
F. Understands and respects the trauma and loss experienced by job loss and economic recession, and shows sensitivity to the mental health and stress issues that may surface in the classroom, lab and clinical settings.
G. Promotes self-sufficiency for students.
H. Other duties as assigned.
Please send cover letter of Interest outlining your experience. No phone calls please! Learn more about Florida Medical Prep courses and programs currently being offered by visiting www.floridamedicalprep.com and www.beacna.com.