JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM!
We are currently looking to fill a full-time Student Services position at Southern Technical Institute (STI) for our Pinellas Park Campus. A normal day as a Student Services Representative includes answering a large volume of phone calls, communicating correspondences with perspective student enrollments and coordinating new class check-ins for both students and faculty.
Southern Technical College recently announced the purchase of its newest school, Florida Medical Prep located in Pinellas Park and Tavares, Florida. This creates a number of growth opportunities for the right candidate with initiative, drive and determination.
The Florida Medical Prep Pinellas Park Campus is currently in the process of becoming rebranded as Southern Technical Institute, a division of Southern Technical College, and will continue to offer licensed and approved entry-level allied health programs to the public including Home Health Aide and Phlebotomy Technician programs. In addition, STI will continue offering a wide range of certification and test preparation courses in the allied health field including Nurse Assistant, ECG/EKG, HIV/AIDS and First Aid. Southern Technical Institute will be the institution of choice for individuals who need to earn continuing education units (CEU’s) in order to maintain their medical license and/or certifications.
The Student Services team at Southern Technical Institute is the driving force that fuel the growth of new student enrollments and overall campus success. The primary responsibility of Student Services is to share course offerings, recruit, and enroll new students. This role requires a significant comfort working with people who possess a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. The Student Services position facilitates the conversion of lead referrals to student enrollments through the completion of effective phone and customer service skills.
The majority of your work will be conducted via phone, and you can expect to make approximately 100 outbound calls a day. Student Services is also responsible for collecting leads from the website and other referrals. This is a hands-on role where you will work with potential students throughout the entire process.
- Perform a high quantity of prospect phone calls to secure appointments and/or take registrations by phone.
- Take inquiry calls from all potential students interested in knowing or receiving information about courses offered.
- Pursue candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon individual career goals.
- Prompt replies to web inquiries and calls to all potential students and give accurate information about the courses and programs offered.
- Make outbound phone calls to potential students that have expressed interest in attending the institution. Outbound calling efforts are a key component of this role.
- Conduct tours of our campus and guide potential students through the enrollment process.
- Handle large volume phone prospects within a busy work environment.
- Take initiative and work independently to meet deadlines in a sales-driven environment.
- Engage student prospects quickly, interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing particularly through web chat and email communications.
- Professionally present yourself in representation of the school, to students both on the phone and in person.
Record Keeping & Performance Data
- Performs data entry of all inquiries, applications and re-logs for the Student Services department.
- Handle applicant files accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that all applicant files are complete and up to date.
- Refer prospective students as needed to appropriate support offices on campus.
- Track and report all application and inquiries.
- Prepare weekly reports to communicate individual recruiting efforts in relation to departmental objectives and assigned admission goals.
Other Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years sales experience - preference in service-oriented business sales experience is a plus! Telephone appointment setting and telemarketing experience preferred.
- Strong closing and follow up skills.
- Strong writing and interpersonal communication skills is a must.
- Dedication to customer service.
- Possesses strong detail orientation and analytical skills.
- Must protect the confidentiality of student personal information and comply with school confidentiality policies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Consistent 30 hour – 40 hour work weeks that can average up to 9 hours per day or less. Student Service representatives rotate various shifts Monday to Saturday. The Student Services office hours are available Monday through Friday 8AM to 7PM and Saturdays 8AM to 4PM. Your schedule is based on these particular hours.
Please email with your resume and a well written cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for this position. Due to the volume of applicants, we respectfully request no phone calls. Once we review the applications, we will contact qualified applicants to set up interviews.