The Hampton Inn of Louisville Colorado is now hiring for a full time Guest Service Supervisor.
Hampton Inn of Louisville Colorado is a Stonebridge property. Stonebridge Companies operate over 42 hotels in the United States comprising over 6,500 guest rooms. We hold franchise licenses with Hilton Hotels, Marriott International, Starwood Hotels and Resorts and InterContinental Hotel Group. Our brands include aloft, Courtyard, Doubletree Hotel, Embassy Suites, Fairfield Inn and Suites, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Homewood Suites, Residence Inn, Sheraton Hotel and SpringHill Suites. Headquartered near Denver, Colorado, our corporate staff of 60 associates provides complete services in both business development and hotel management. We employ over 1,600 associates throughout the United States.
The purpose of a GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR is to assist the Guest Service Manager by overseeing the responsibilities of the Front Office staff ensuring that the guests are being serviced in a professional and competent manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Guest Services Manager to train and monitor front office staff.
- Monitors Guest Service Scores daily and takes action to improve guest satisfaction through training, coaching and problem resolution.
- Communicates with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
- Communicates with the Housekeeping Department regarding guest rooms and requests.
Has complete working knowledge of software system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
- Has full understanding of software system and assists with reservations, and checking guests in and out of the hotel.
- Knows how and where to post all charges.
- Handles checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges.
- Knows all room rates.
- Assists the Guest Service Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with standards.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific time.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works independently.
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Must be able to read and write fluent English.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system functions. Knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
Position will supervise front desk staff, in conjunction with the Guest Service Manager.
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel environment
During the course of performing the physical demands of this position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following attributes.
Position is expected to:
- Stand more than 2/3 of the time
- Walk more than 2/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Lift up to ten pounds.
- Push / pull up to 10 pounds.
If you are interested in this position please go online to https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SBCOS&cws=1&rid=510 and fill out application. If you have any questions you can contact the Front Office Manager, Tawnya Salvini at 303-666-7700