The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the facility in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The engineer will meet or exceed productivity standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends and holidays. For this job, the engineer will be responsible for performing the following tasks according to Hampton standards:
- Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and meeting areas
- Respond to guest calls and team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment
- Perform a variety of repair and maintenance tasks including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms to requirements
- Ability to carry/lift/push/pull 75 lbs and stand/walk for extended periods of time, and work may be outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Ability to climb and balance self
- Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs
- Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention
- Work well without constant supervision
- Ability to read and write correspondence and instructions
- Maintains exemplary standards of behavior, appearance and attitude as expected in a Hilton property
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED and prior experience preferred.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and list of references when applying.
The position summary does not list all possible functions of the job. The employer maintains the right to change or modify job requirements, which is dictated by business demands. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Team members are expected to work varying hours to accomplish various duties. All associates are expected to work the necessary hours within different departments to accommodate the business demands.