Provide overall management direction for two or more projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients or geographical area in the fields of Commercial HVAC, Commercial Plumbing or Industrial Process Piping or the field of Healthcare.
1. Plan, organize and staff key field positions through regional department heads or subordinate project/construction managers.
2. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate construction activities.
4. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
5. Represent company in project meetings; assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
6. Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
1. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential. Must be a skilled business person. Individuals with strong client ties to the Twin Cities community a plus.
Harris Companies is an equal opportunity employer.