Books Are Fun/Jewelry is Fun is seeking an Independent Regional Sales Representative for our Long Island territory.
For the past 22 years Books Are Fun/Jewelry Is Fun has been the largest display marketing company in the world. We have a reputation for providing high quality, unique products to over 12,000 corporations, 60,000 schools and 20,000 early learning centers throughout America.
This Representative will be responsible for building a sales territory, conducting sales events, managing inventory, managing assistants and completing sales reports. This person will coordinate, manage and conduct Fundraising Events at Corporations, Hospitals and Medical Centers, Trade Shows and Property Management Buildings in and around the Long Island market.
Independent Regional Sales Representative will:
- Build a sales territory by going on and closing appointments at potential event locations and manage existing locations.
- Service established accounts – Account types include hospitals, corporations, property management buildings.
- Work from your home based office.
- Receive commission based on sales volume.
- Promote events with marketing materials created by Books Are Fun/Jewelry Is Fun
- Plan and schedule events for assigned territory.
- Conduct Sales Events for the assigned territory to ensure revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Complete sales report for each event completed.
- Manage inventory and submit requests for inventory based on inventory sold and projected sales for future events. Manage inventory turns to acceptable levels. Effectively manage lost, stolen and free allowances to acceptable levels.
- Reschedule events for the next season.
- Partner with Telemarketers and others to plan, schedule, coordinate, future Sales Events.
- In addition to routinely scheduled events with Corporations, Hospitals, etc., you will also manage, coordinate, and attend events such as conventions, exhibits, trade shows, and host/hotel shows whenever possible.
- Develop expertise in our product, merchandising, and services in order to offer each customer the best guidance in their selections and ensure exceptional customer experiences moment by moment.
- Conduct scheduled and random inventory cycle counts to ensure that all sections of the warehouse are using optimal inventory control processes. Research & resolve inventory variances.
- Manage and prepare all pre-promotional marketing materials while maintaining client relationships through proper marketing and promotion of all events.
- Monitor/Maintain company vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Operate software to report sales, Inventory Level Fluctuation and Re-ordering, and Event Scheduling.
- Have a positive approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency in marketing and merchandising strategy development and execution.
- Proficiency with MS Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and process improvement skills.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs, push/pull cases up to 300 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and What We Offer:
- 24% Gross Sales Commission.
- BAF/JIF provides display and merchandising materials, point of sale system, computers, logo clothing, software, client lists, etc.
- Assistance in growing sales territory to $200K+ in annual gross sales revenue
- Inventory on consignment, up to $40,000 at no cost to you
- Inventory delivered weekly/bi-weekly at no cost to you
- Partnership with 22 years of success in the direct display market.