Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the Facilitator is responsible for implementing the CLEAR Program to women at high risk for HIV/STDs in the Downtown Los Angeles Skid Row area. This program is a client-centered and delivered one-on-one using cognitive behavioral techniques to change behavior. Other responsibilities will include: conduct outreach in the community, recruit women at various community events, and offer referrals to appropriate services offered by JWCH Institute and other agencies.
1. Conduct one-on-one intervention sessions on HIV and STD prevention to women of color living in the Downtown Skid Row Area
2. Develop behavior change plans with clients during sessions and make appropriate referrals
3. Adhere to monthly schedule for outreach to recruit clients into one-on-one sessions
4. Adhere to all policies and procedures per JWCH and HIPAA regulations
5. Assist with bi-annual and annual reports for all program funders
6. Attend community and staff meetings, as scheduled
7. Participate in JWCH trainings and advisory committee meetings, as scheduled
8. Other duties as assigned
1. Experience working with homeless populations on Skid Row.
2. Prior experience in providing services to women of color.
3. Working knowledge of word processing (MS Word) programs.
4. Current California Driver License and ability to drive to different sites.
1. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus;
2. Experience with similar projects.