This position is charged with being a Leader in the company and managing all aspects of the Service Department in such a manner as to maximize the department’s profitability. To do this there should be two weeks work scheduled for each technician for every day of the year; generate 85% - 95% productivity, and have work orders closed within 72 hours of job completion.
Reports to: President, General Manager, Asset Manager
Supervises: Shop Foreman, Service Technicians, Field Service Technicians, Apprentices, Service Writers, Utility Worker
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for enforcing all Jordan/Central Implement Company
policies and procedures
- Train, Coach and Motivate service personnel to meet or exceed a high
standard of customer service.
- Create an environment in which service personnel are self-motivated
and responsive to the goals of the service department. Take charge of
various personnel matters, including hiring, performance reviews
(twice per year for each employee), and terminations.
- Ensure all technicians. With 4 years or more experience generate a
95% productivity rate and technicians with less than 4 years
experience generate an 85% productivity rate.
- Develop and schedule an on-going 3-year training program for each
- Cross-train staff and line personnel to assume additional
responsibility, or position, if necessary.
- Manage warranty claim procedures, to ensure 100% recovery of warranty
- Responsible for the Service Department meeting or exceeding
performance and budget goals.
- Maintain an up to-date Special Tools inventory.
- Review with the Asset Manager all open documents weekly.
- Develop a 12 month marketing calendar designed to increases labor
- Maintain continuous contact and positive relationships with customers
and other departments. Actively promote the quality Services of the
- Utilize a schedule board to schedule and assign work to technicians.
- Ensure that all available technician hours are sold; i.e., billed out.
- Monitor each technician’s recovery rate and productivity rate on
daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Reinforce a philosophy of “fix it right the first time” with each
- Review each work order for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform every action with the goal of Customer satisfaction and
overall Company profitability. .
- Must demonstrate a high degree of organizational and communication
- Ability to apply common sense and logic to problem solving.
- Person should be neat, friendly and respectful.
- An aptitude for arithmetic.
- Provide effective oral and written communications to customers,
management and vendors.
- Must be PC literate and posses a thorough knowledge of general
- Must be willing to put in 45 – 50 hours/week plus Saturdays.
- Willingness to handle after hours calls and carry After Hours phone.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.