Position Scope: This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, CA.
The Oracle Developer individual is the heart of the company: we perform a wide variety of tasks, and ultimately, we are responsible for creating an application for our clients use. Employees take pride in providing our customers around the world with information that is timely, accurate, unbiased and trusted. We have a profound respect for the professions and customers we serve and define our success in terms of their success. Our work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a result-oriented culture that demands excellence, agility, and the desire to move quickly and precisely to seize opportunities. Our environment is both challenging and supportive.
Position Purpose: The Oracle Developer individual is responsible for designing and developing database application based on the clients’ requirements.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Communicates and applies project standards
- Communicates needed changes to development team
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Understands Internet, Extranet, client/server architectures
- Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Writing and understanding Oracle Databases. Writing SQL statements, stored procedures and views using industry best practices for security and efficiency.
- Identifies critical issues with ease
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of the company
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Generates enthusiasm among team members
- Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model
- Manages the process of innovative change
- Assume the leadership role in developing and maintaining a company disaster recovery plan.
- Facilitates effective team interaction
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions
- Works with users to determine and develop specifications for data driven applications
- Develops relationships with personnel that foster client ties
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Manages client expectations effectively
- Consistently delivers high-quality services
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Managers resources in accordance with project schedule
- Conducts effective progress evaluations in a timely manner
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by US
- Trains other innovators through both formal and informal training programs
- Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Ensures databases maintain proper security in compliance with the information security plan for each application
- Participates in periodic disaster recovery simulations to ensure data recovery plans work
- Leads internal teams / task forces
- Other duties from time to time as determined by management
- Works with personnel to identify required changes
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Health Plan
- 2 Week Paid Vacation
Reports to: CTO
Works Closely with: Supervisor, Creative Teams, Multimedia Producers, Project Managers, Developers, IT Staff, Vendors, etc.
Required Experience, Education, Abilities and Competencies
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in an IT related field.
- 5+ Years Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience. Version 10g
- 3+ Years working experience supporting internal or external customers.
- Practical business experience, with proven experience in operations analysis and implementation
- Analytical thinker.
- Problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated customer orientation.
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Ability to work to deadlines and milestones with efficiency and flexibility.
- Be able to juggle a number of activities at one time, prioritize responsibilities and take quick decisions when necessary.
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus
Job Type: Full-time