Mullins Cheese, Inc., is seeking a Safety Coordinator to develop, implement, direct, and maintain safety programs throughout the facilities of Mullins Cheese, Whey, and Trucking, ensuring compliance with all OSHA regulations to provide a safe working environment. This position will coordinate and participate in internal and external safety audits, address employee safety concerns, implement preventive and corrective actions that affect the safety of employees and the company, coordinate and present training to employees, maintaining documentation of training and programs. Assists Quality Assurance and Human Resources with safety-related duties.
Following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate, coordinate and manage all safety-related tasks within the company.
- Ensure the availability of resources and information necessary to support the operation, monitoring, and continual improvement of safety processes.
- Identify safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs for new hires as well as existing staff.
- Maintain the safety policy manual and training procedures.
- Maintain safety records, including but not limited to, employee training, OSHA compliance logs and MSDS information.
- Coordinate safety procedures between all departments, ensuring procedures are followed consistently throughout the company. Maintain records of nonconformities and of any subsequent actions taken, and ensure involvement of appropriate personnel to address situations.
- Maintain an effective safety audit program, taking into consideration the status and importance of the areas to be audited, as well as the results of previous audits.
- Communicate the effectiveness of the safety management system via meetings and company bulletin boards.
- Assist Human Resources with, but not limited to, incident investigations, injury claims, managing medical restrictions and maintaining compliance with State workers compensation, ADA and FMLA laws.
- Assist Quality Assurance with, but not limited to, enforcing GMPs, proper chemical safety procedures, and auditing.
Minimal qualifications include:
- Technical / Associates degree in Safety Management or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years in a safety-related position
- General knowledge of federal regulations under OSHA, ADAA, FMLA, and NLRA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present information to employee groups
- Time management and organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze situations, draw logical conclusions, and implement solutions.