Walmart/SAM’s National Account Manager
We are looking for a National Account Manager and business development leader with direct experience in selling to and managing a multi-departmental business at Walmart & SAM’s. This person will be responsible for growing our brand sales at Walmart & SAM’s and will manage the retailer relationship. This person will also work with a team of professionals who are responsible for supporting the sales team in product development, analytics, and customer marketing. This person is expected to live in NWA, be active in the vendor community and identify business development opportunities. They should be able to build relationships and a network throughout all buying levels of Walmart & SAM’s. They will have strong communication and presentation skills and a strong background in the Walmart/SAM’s vendor expectations.
- Under guidance of VP-Sales, executes sales strategies for Walmart and SAM’s Club and ultimately responsible for achieving corporate goals.
o Drives the preparations and creation of sales plans and campaigns, business plans and products presentation plans
o Prepares line reviews for Walmart and SAM’s business.
o Grow existing business through new items, new departments, promotions and market share lift
o Presenting fact based data and business growth ideas in an ethical and professional manner
o Prepare first half and back half-promotional opportunities to meet or exceed sales plans
- Forecasts sales volumes for all products/services/departments within Walmart SAM’s
o Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements.
o Collaborate with supply chain functions to insure customer scorecards metrics are met and provide direction against all retailer activity.
- Provide liaison/communication role across internal Corporate team, Bentonville Team and all levels of management at Walmart/SAM’s
o Provide and maintain weekly business updates with each buyer and internal teams
o Supply market data to the retailer and volunteer for customer functions.
o Know the business and future strategies of Walmart/SAM’s, the buyers, marketing team, and merchandising teams and communicate these directions to the company
o Provide world-class support and execution of retail programs
o Meet regularly with teams in Seattle and other office locations to share and exchange information and to discuss issues affecting your areas of ownership
- Work with a team of approximately 6 people to include Customer Service, Sales Assistants, Category Analytics, Consumer Insights and Customer Marketing. Coordinate and monitor the work of the team to include:
o Provide direction to Walmart team and other internal teams towards the achievement and measurement of established goals and assigned projects
o evaluating and managing performance;
o motivating employees to work more effectively;
o helping team members grow and advance their skill sets and contributions; and
o addressing performance concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Participate in both long and short-term planning projects with a focus on delivering improvements in the consumer experience, satisfaction of key internal stakeholders, and operational efficiency
- Manage and/or perform special projects as required
- Proven ability to ‘lead by example’ and effectively manage a team of individuals; who support multiple business functions and possess varying skill sets and capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to project a professional and positive image
- Drive the completion of multiple projects by taking initiative and holding oneself and others accountability to deadlines and budget constraints
- Ability to prioritize existing and incoming tasks and solve moderately-complex problems
- Ability to respond effectively, and in a timely fashion, to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Strong experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct Walmart/SAM’s account management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years direct selling experience in CPG with Key Retail Accounts
- Must be located in NWA
- Bachelors Degree required; Masters’ in business or marketing a plus
- Must have the ability to receive Retail Link access
- Knowledge and understanding of the hardlines industry and related production, logistics and supply chain functions
- Current Walmart and SAM’s relationships
- Strong communicatory with the ability to work under pressure, high level of personal commitment to deliver results and meet deadlines, and a “can do” attitude.
- Strong Understanding of financial analysis of account programs and planning at the EBITDA level
- In-depth knowledge of the mass marketplace
- Knowledge of Retail Link and other POS platforms as well as Syndicated Data
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
Interaction and Environment
Work areas are inside in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
Physical Activities Required
Moderate Travel Required
Ability to transport and set up product
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Steve [dot] Maniaci [at] nwexs [dot] com. You may also call my cell at
313.300.5901 or text me any time until midnight PST (weekends are okay as well) if you have any questions. Feel free to also send me an invitation to connect on LinkedIn.
Feel free to visit our website for other open positions. We try and keep them current. If it is posted, it is still active.
Nationwide Technical & Executive Search, Inc.