This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of MultiVu’s Audio/Video Operations Center (AVOC); including managing media technicians, maintaining video and audio equipment such as video routers, VTRs, audio equipment and media storage servers; as well as researching and implementing new technologies to increase productivity across departments. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Maintain, troubleshoot and install media server software and their services.
- Monitor, restart and troubleshoot services in Windows 2008 Server
- Manage Media Server software (MXF Server, Omneon Media Grid or
- Manage transcoding server farm (Flip Factory or similar)
- Physically install new servers in racks.
- Troubleshoot network and connectivity issues.
Maintain video and audio equipment.
- Patch and route VTRs and audio equipment the AVOC
- Troubleshoot video and audio signals issues in the AVOC
- VTR maintenance.
- Recruit, train, motivate and review staff to ensure constant growth for employees, department and company
- Cross train employees to cover resource shortages
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for department
2-3 years of IT experience
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2003.
- Experience with Mac OS X technologies.
- Comprehension of enterprise level networking
- Experience testing and developing digital media workflows
Video & Audio experience
- Knowledge of HD/SD SDI, Composite and component signals.
- Comprehension of digital video technologies, codecs, bitrates and file
formats such as Quicktime, DNxHD and MXF
- Knowledge of NLE editing software such as Avid, FinalCut Pro, Premiere
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
Management and Communication skills
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate motivation and desire to learn new skills and
- Must be able to accept instruction and acknowledge unfamiliarity with
- Experience managing employees
- Vendor relations and purchasing experience
- Must be dependable, self motivated, and very organized
- Full time, salaried position (40hrs +)
- Work hours are from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Weekends and extended hours are likely in busy times of the year
- Excellent benefits
Indeed - 19 months ago
In today’s hyper-fragmented world, the challenge for corporate communicators, investor relations and public affairs officers, and...