Park IP, has a unique focus on intellectual property, and is the leader in patent prosecution and international litigation linguistic support. Our global team can handle any language need you may require with unparalleled experience serving many of the world’s leading biotechnology, pharmaceutical and high-tech companies and law firms. Having translated patents for filing around the world, we are well positioned to support even the largest cases under the tightest of deadlines while assuring that each and every project undergoes our proprietary ISO certified quality process. When IP rights are at stake, understanding, sorting and translating relevant information outlined by our clients are critical components of our approach. Having served as the key language services partner in some of the world’s largest and most complex high stakes patent litigation cases, our team is unmatched in experience supporting the world’s leading law firms and corporations across the globe.
Welocalize, our parent company, demands a well-tended company culture. One that empowers people, encouraging them to use the right side of their brains as well as the left. Our staff is not only brilliant and dedicated, but obsessed with efficiency and personally committed to providing professional, high-quality translations. And since our managers know that people who like what they do, work harder and more effectively than those who don’t, we treat our team like the innovative rock stars they are. As a result they stay with us longer and our clients enjoy working with them as much as we do. In short, welocalize does things differently. We always have; and we always will.
For more information please go to: http://www.welocalize.com
Director of Sales
The primary expectation of the Director of Sales is to drive more sales by coaching, training, holding reps accountable, and recruiting as needed. This role reports to the SVP of Global Sales and Marketing. Major duties include: provide management and communication to the sales team (approximately 10-15 Reps inside/outside/account managers); training and coaching sales team; monitoring and reporting on sales metrics; aggressively driving the day-to-day sales process and accountability across the sales team.
Sales Performance Management:
1. Ensure that the company meets sales revenue and unit goals in a manner that builds on and is consistent with the brand, culture, values, strategy and polices of the company.
2. Develop/Demonstrate Expertise – Develop/maintain an exceptional understanding of the industry, company’s offerings, strategy, culture and values to function as a hands on strategic leader and manager of the revenue generating function.
3. Manage the Pipeline - Develop /apply deep competence in CRM to prioritize, assign and reassign (workload balance) new /old prospects and accounts ensuring each rep receives the level/quality of attention needed to drive sales/up-sell.
4. Meetings - Conduct weekly/biweekly one to one and team meetings to review progress, conduct win/loss reviews, coach, and mentor and train the sales team.
5. Monitor Closely – Monitor territory rotation coverage. Get "hands dirty" daily in the CRM finding examples of excellence (or areas of coaching need) in; 1) adherence to process, 2) professionalism , accuracy and consistency with marketing messaging, 3) evidence of strategy in sales people sales approach as well as to conduct an ongoing assessment of the sales process/CRM itself.
6. Inspect what you Expect - Ensure all communication verbal and written between any member of the sales team and external parties is accurate as well as consistent with policies and the brand, upholds the marketing messaging and reflects exceptional professionalism.
7. Identify Each Reps Motivational Need and manage their motivation based on their individual needs.
Assess, Recruit a High Performing Sales Team:
1. Cost effectively build and maintain a team of high performing, culturally fitting sales representatives in accordance with company growth/staffing plan
2. Refine/Build Recruiting Machine – Help improve existing process and execute a structured hiring process to identify, screen and hire additional sales staff as needed that raises the bar in performance execution, is actively following multiple passive candidates, and is hiring candidates at the lowest cost possible. Starting as account managers shadowing existing reps and moving to a sales role if/when ready and starting process all over.
3. Onboard New Hires Smart/Fast - Constantly refine/ improve new hire orientation training program, as well as existing REP ongoing training to ensure adequacy of all training needs. Rapidly discern, document and let go of hiring mistakes.
4. Maintain Reps’ Skill Level in our fast paced changing environment - Design, develop and deliver training to Reps and act in advance on all training needs, ensuring that Reps are have proven competency.
5. Evaluate formally with emphasis on each individuals strength - Deliver to each REP quarterly written formal, honest and fair evaluations and maintain/execute on a PDP for each at all times, emphasis should be on “catching” and acknowledging exceptional behavior, thinking and attitudes- and ways to build on strengths. But weaknesses should be addressed with candor.
6. Retain Great People - Develop close valued relationship with each of your salespeople. Assisting each to refine and own their career goals and see ParkIP/Welocalize as the place to reach them - such that we are not blindsided by a resignation.
Structure the Sales Process, Administration & Reporting:
1. Formally Structure the Sales Function for Reps and for the Executive Team, building on existing strengths, in a manner that will drive company value to potential investors while upholding company’s strategy, brand and culture.
2. Manage by Metrics - Maintain report on and evolve sales activity metrics along and using them to demonstrate sales productivity improvements achieved through effective sales management.
3. Formalize a Scientific Sales Process - Develop and Maintain (in a visual flow document with easy to follow notes) and continually Improve (and train on) Sales Process that upholds our strategy, brand and values while enabling us to scale sales effectively.
4. Maintain Correct Comp Program - Evaluate and propose compensation plan changes at least every six months, offering a well-crafted business plan and recommendations for evolution complete with an analysis of the ROI and sale behavior impact.
5. Gain Executive Confidence Through Reporting/Forecasting - Develop and present forecast and other regular reporting on all sales activities and results; Leads and lead generation results, Pipeline and forecast, ,Closed-lost, with explanation, Closed-won, with defined follow-on opportunities.
6. Monitor all activity. This is a transactional business so things happen often and quickly.
Develop a high performing sales team:
1. Ensure all reps are knowledgeable and able to execute on a professional sales process that helps them achieve their individual objectives.
2. Sales Training Deliver the sales training program that includes formal class room training and individual coaching sessions.
3. Develop a Sales Training Manual that documents our sales process and will serve as a training manual for each of your reps.
4. Conduct Weekly Call Reviews, role plays, debriefing, and strategizing on accounts.
5. Assist sales team in closing accounts.
6. Drive “From the trenches” Competitive Intel - Monitor competitive intelligence from front line sales and marketing to provide ongoing evaluation of company’s competitiveness, emerging threats and or growing weaknesses. Discuss and apply this insight to BD opportunities as well as product development program.
$225K-$275K OTE + Benefits