Reports to Managing Director, Business Development
The Communication Manager is responsible for managing and executing communication programs for PCI, including public relations, member communications, and promotion and advertising campaigns. The Communication Manager will also develop content/copy, provide copyediting, and act as managing editor of “Update.” Execution channels include, but are not limited to, e-blasts, direct mail, print ads, website, and social media.
The Communication Manager supports the marketing team by preparing reports, tracking statistics on communications, and assisting in analysis and strategic planning. The position requires some travel to tradeshows, meetings, industry events, and training.
The position requires a self-motivated individual who possesses excellent organizational skills, a high-level of enthusiasm, and a detail-oriented mindset. This person is expected to learn about the precast concrete structures industry to better understand PCI members, their customers, and their needs.
- Manage and execute communication programs, including public relations, member communications, promotion, and advertising
- Interface as needed with the PCI marketing committees
- Act as liaison to external agencies, organizations, publishers, etc.
- Manage and execute updates and improvements to the PCI website
- Develop and manage social media channels
- Develop, review, and copyedit communications
- Serve as managing editor for the PCI Update
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage communication program schedules
- Execute e-blasts, direct mail, and advertising campaigns
- Post website updates, changes, etc., and/or coordinate with appropriate contractors
- Review website to ensure accuracy and functionality on an ongoing basis
- Manage schedules and content development, create and post updates to selected social media channels
- Write and develop creative copy for communications
- Copyedit communications
- Publish PCI Update member newsletter, including managing editorial schedule, developing content, and electronic publication
- Develop market reports and assist with data analysis and strategic planning
- Bachelors degree in business, communications, or marketing preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in communications involving public relations, marketing communications, or project management.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent creative writing and copyediting skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of or ability to learn about the precast concrete structures industry
The Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute is a unique organization of producers, suppliers and professionals.
PCI is dedicated to...