Position Title: Director of Communications
Report: Associate Executive Director
RAVSAK’s mission is to strengthen and sustain the Jewish life, leadership and learning of community day schools, ensuring a vibrant Jewish future. The only organization uniquely purposed to serve Jewish community day schools, RAVSAK has approx. 130 schools in our network. We seek to build the field of Jewish community day schools; develop strong knowledgeable Jewish leaders; amplify Judaic program excellence; and galvanize appreciation and support for day schools. RAVSAK is at an exciting moment of growth and transition and we are looking for Director of Communications to join us in shaping this journey.
The Director of Communications will report to RAVSAK’s Associate Executive Director. The Director works with senior leadership to achieve RAVSAK’s communications goals in service of our larger organizational objectives. The Director of Communications will lead our efforts to broaden our reach using best practices in communications and will be our brand manager, strengthening and refining both its visual look and key messaging. We need a results-oriented team player who is passionate about our mission and skilled in embedding marketing and communications more deeply and strategically into an organization’s work.
The Director of Communications will be responsible for implementing a strategic, integrated communications plan to promote the activities and mission of RAVSAK as well as the importance of Jewish day school education. This person will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Sets and manages RAVSAK’s communications calendar; including a balance between print and digital strategies for communicating RAVSAK’s specific programs and organizational brand
- Create and contributes to all institutional communications including, direct and online marketing, collateral materials, website, monthly e-newsletter and support for institutional advancement.
- Work with outside consultants to clarify RAVSAK brand, including visual elements and messaging.
- Work with outside firm to manage a redesign of the RAVSAK website
- Design and implement social media strategies to serve our constituencies and increase organizational visibility
- Work with the RAVSAK team in creating and responding to new media opportunities that may include blogging and other social media tools.
- Ensures consistent communication of the organization's image and position both within the organization and externally to all constituencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience successfully managing marketing functions and/or marketing professionals
- Knowledge of and experience with marketing, communications, online marketing, digital and social media, and public relations.
- Articulate, with proven ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing;
- Skilled at writing materials that target key messages to diverse audiences, evoke a specific voice and style and support project objectives.
- Strong graphic design sense
- Experience managing a website redesign, and/or a rebranding process
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, and tactically and to work collaboratively
- Capacity to work with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Strong commitment to the mission of RAVSAK, familiarity with Jewish day schools a plus
- Prior experience working with nonprofit organizations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
- High energy, positive, “can‐do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail
120 West 97th
New York, NY
If you have the experience we need and are looking to grow professionally – email a cover letter, resume, 1-2 page writing sample and salary requirements. Please include your name and Director of Communications in the subject line
Indeed - 19 months ago