We will have an opening for pharmacy technician starting 9/1/2013. Must have open availability and a flexible schedule. We have a great work-place environment and a friendly staff. Conveniently located in the North Hills on McKnight Rd.
-- Please note, this is not a position for pharmacy interns. --
- Primary position is to assist the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager with serving customers and maintaining the Pharmacy department. All tasks shall be performed safely and consistently with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
- Duties (including but not limited to)
- Ensure prompt customer service
- Perform data entry of prescription information
- Process new and refill prescriptions
- Retrieve medications (where permitted by law)
- Assist in filling duties
- Assist with general housekeeping
- Participate in store programs
- Complete purchases at cash register
- Assist in preparing pharmacy delivery orders
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum age of 18
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding and problem-solving methods
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Ability to work weekends frequently
- Ability to work extended days rarely
- Ability to work day or evening hours
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time without a break
- Must have reliable transportation
Be sure to send us your resume AND stop in our location to fill out an application and quick-screen form (short online questionnaire). We, unfortunately, cannot conduct any interviews until the application and quick-screen are completed. Return applications directly to the pharmacy department.
Feel free to call us at 412-364-8100 ext 3 with questions!
RITE AID PHARMACY #11916
4770 McKnight Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
412-364-8100 ext 3