SMITH/Associates’ is searching for a qualified candidate to support the Air Force as a Public Affairs Specialist in San Antonio, TX.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Affairs, Communications, Marketing or related field required.
- 3+ years of Marketing, Public Affairs, and/or Communications professional experience required.
- Air Force Public Affairs background preferred.
- Completed course(s) at Defense Information School (DINFOS) preferred.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Experienced writer and editor.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce communication and informational materials utilizing Air Force Public Affairs guidance.
- Must be enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver.
- Graphics, layout, and web design skills is preferred but not required.
- Ability to successfully obtain security clearance as needed.
- Develop content for newsletters, fact sheets, websites, and other print and visual communication materials.
- Develop creative, yet strategic, solutions to all communications events and projects.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with media outlets.
- Prepare and distribute news releases and serve as media liaison as necessary.
- Provide public affairs counsel to senior management as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid government holidays and time off package
- Matching 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement program, and other company benefits
To apply, go to http://www.smithcollaboration.com/careers.php and submit your current resume tailored to experience commensurate with the job requirements.
SMITH/ASSOCIATES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Indeed - 9 months ago