SMITH/Associates is searching for a qualified Public Relations and Social Media Specialist for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (“TTUHSC”) located in El Paso, Texas.
The Public Relations and Social Media Specialist will support the Communications and Marketing TTUHSC E Paso office, which develops and implements communications and public relations strategies that increase the public’s awareness of TTUHSC El Paso’s education, research, and patient care mission. This includes support to all schools, their activities and initiatives; enhance the campus image among key stakeholders; and maximize earned media opportunities in the local media market.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
- 5 years of professional Public Relations and Social Media experience.
- Knowledgeable in social media tools and technologies with a track record of creating and implementing successful social media programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and a problem-solver.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with media outlets in the El Paso market.
- Prepare and distribute news releases, utilize current media lists, and serve as media liaison as necessary.
- Provide public relations counsel to senior management as necessary.
- Manage and update social media channels.
- Monitor and provide customer service via social media channels.
- Provide content for monthly newsletter.
- Work with Communications and Marketing team on special projects as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Full-time opportunity
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid U.S. Federal government holidays
- Paid time off package
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- To apply, go to www.smithcollaboration.com/careers and submit your current resume tailored to experience commensurate with the job requirements.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -