We are a San Diego based dynamic, growing company in the health care / pharmaceutical field. We are seeking a Technical Program Manager to join our team.
This position will be full time Contract to hire.
The Test Manager is responsible for developing quality assurance standards and practices in a collaborative environment with key IT and business stakeholders. Demonstrate expert knowledge of SDLC and hands on experience with automation tools and their implementation in a startup environment. The successful candidate will provide strategic and tactical support to ensure the preparation and delivery of appropriate test strategies, test plans, test cases, test data and test results as required. The role will help foster the culture of continuous improvement that results in measurable improvement in the productivity, delivery and quality of RainTree’s products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design & implement processes and frameworks for testing software and systems
2. Establish & maintain suitable regression test frameworks
3. Implement automated mechanisms for testing to reduce the load on manual testing
4. Refine & improve automation processes where possible
5. Pro-actively liaise with IT teams and Business stakeholders
6. Train and mentor team members
7. Prepare and provide suitable dashboards and reports to key stakeholders that reflect test progress
8. Work with software developers, dba’s and analysts to identify testing needs
9. Provide supervision and technical guidance to the test team in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all products and services
10. Develop, execute and maintain both manual and automated test processes including formulating / utilizing SQL for verification
11. Complete other projects and perform other duties as requested by senior management.
1. 8+ years’ experience in the implementation and administration of test management software
2. 5+ years’ experience with test automation systems such as Selenium, TFS Test Manager, HP Quality Center etc…
3. At least 3 years’ experience leading agile teams in the testing of applications
4. Expert knowledge of software development, configuration management and release management processes
5. Work closely with the release/build management team to optimize our testing process for releases
6. Strong experience in management and usage of issue tracking systems
7. Experience with developing and implementing efficient QA processes in a startup environment for both waterfall and agile development methodologies
8. Must be able to function both as a team member and a work stream/engagement leader in a time-compressed, dynamic environment
9. Possess excellent communication, collaboration and relationship management skills with the proven ability to work in a startup environment across functional lines
10. Demonstrate a proactive, committed and structured approach to work
11. Experience testing data-centric applications (ETL, BI reports)
12. A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
13. Prefer experience in a Healthcare or Pharmacy Operations environment