Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting routine individual consumer requests and products with few deviations, which are within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division, functions may include reviewing credit applications, credit bureau information, collateral valuation, tax returns, financial statements and applicable ratios (i.e. debt ratios, loan-to-value);and other supporting documentation to recommend/approve requests within decision authority levels by way of automated scoring system or traditional underwriting; responding to customer inquiries and credit decisions; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as clearing conditions to ensure compliance with company standards; contacting customers and partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind credit decisions. Maintains consistent and thorough communication with all involved parties (applicant, referral sources, Brokers, Realtors, Sales team, Appraisers, Title companies, etc.), throughout the loan process. Provides outstanding levels of service by attaining superior product and industry knowledge.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
The candidate should be extremely organized with good time management and follow-up skills. Candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years mortgage experience.
- Minimum 5 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience required; operations experience a plus.
- High degree of attention to detail as well as excellent organizational skills to manage a fast-paced environment. Must have the ability to prioritize and organize heavy workloads.
- Positive attitude with excellent communication and organization/time management skills.
- Must be able to work on their own, be a quick learner, detail oriented, and quality driven.
- Superior internal and external customer service skills as well as Team player with ability to work independently as well as update the conversation log as needed.
- Act as liaison for broker/loan officer with regards to underwriting
- Obtain and review documents for acceptability against loan conditions with the underwriting guidelines, coordinate with title closing agents and brokers/loan officers, obtain additional documentation
- Experience working in a paperless environment and/or from a remote location a plus.
- Basic computer skills with a working knowledge of the following: Excel, Word, Windows, Internet experience is a plus.
- Must have accurate typing skills with the ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree a plus.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment.